Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You Calgarians, seemingly more numerous and tight knit than us Edmonton's. I am a tad jealous. There are some great folks up here, don't get me wrong , just quieter.

That said, if any locales are free Friday evening, please feel free to come join me at the White Oaks cruise in/car show at a&w on 137 Ave.

I wonder if it was Craig Spears, He drives a MC red signature P85. Super nice guy!

Actually it's Craig Pearce. He may be the only signature red in town so it was probably him. He's on here too but not very often.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be the Calgary gang have more time on their hands :confused: Nothing to do with the price of oil. Just say'in

What time at A&W ?

Ouch. That's punching below the belt! :)

Might be the Calgary gang have more time on their hands :confused: Nothing to do with the price of oil. Just say'in

What time at A&W ?

I confess that was too sutble for me to notice on first read, glad I reread it!
A&W starts something like 6pm (maybe earlier given the amazing weather) and goes strong until 8pm, when people tend to slowly start leaving (again that may extend given weather... I'm new to these 'car shows'!). 12222 - 137 Avenue White Oaks A&W.

It was so nice to see Zapped and his lovely wife at the car show tonight. It was crazy busy, but somehow we lucked out and got parking together. There was actually a third Tesla that drive through but did not stop :-(. So many people came by to have a look, and many chatted with us through our the evening. I think I may have even sold a Tesla, as a lady seemed quite likely to head home and place an order.

Hoping we can return again soon with a third (or fourth or fifth!) Tesla in tow.
20150522_205752.jpg

Footbag, Thanks for letting us know about the car show and shine.
I was nice to see a lot of interest in the Model S. We look forward to coming out again.
If you ever decide to change careers, TESLA should be calling. Great salesmanship.

Canmore owners ... looking for final info before purchase.

Hi Sula,

I've been looking at a 70D now for a couple of months and am having my last test drive in Portland next week ... before I commit, any chance we could get together for coffee for me to ask you a few questions?

thanks,
Simon

A Tesla weekend.

a) I have had the experience of a Tesla go into preemptive braking for me. I'm going up the hill behind Iron Goat in Canmore, before I dial in the steering wheel, it assumes I'm going to hit a parked car (property parked). As soon as I dialed in the steering, it released. Note that this could not be considered emergency, but aggressive. Cool, but caught me unaware.
b) Driving Canmore to Calgary along the 1A to Morley before connecting to Hwy1, I'm coming to the crest of a hill and see some unusual dark splotches ahead (over the hill). I crest the hill and 5-6 horses are in the middle of the road. I think the Tesla went into preemptive braking (?) (not sure the correct term). I slammed on the brakes, probably the most forceful I have ever done. No squeal from the tires, but you could hear minor slippage of gravel under the wheels. 85-0 stopping distance was incredible. The horses were not even spooked. I wound my way around them.
c) About not being spooked: two weeks ago I was driving up the hill in Canmore and an Elk (deer?) was walking on the sidewalk. I was slowly following beside taking pictures / video. It would look at me I would look at her/him. Then an ICE came down the hill and was immediately spooked.
d) More animals: This weekend managed to get close to a bear, mountain goats/sheep (?), a large Elk. With my very limited experience driving Tesla, animal are just not spooked!

Summary of the story. In very little time I have witnessed the incredible capabilities of the Tesla. Incredible acceleration, incredible braking in emergencies, to me what seems like excellent predictive capabilities (although I have not experienced different cars with possibly equal capabilities). Huge capability, all very refined. No screaming engine, no ABS pumping the brakes when there is tire slippage. All just graceful and very capable.

P.S. A couple of years ago I got a ride in a Goggle car. That was impressive! It drove on gravel much more aggressive than I could trust myself. But I believe they had the track programmed, or something else as it was a demo at a robotics demonstration.

Hi Sula,

I've been looking at a 70D now for a couple of months and am having my last test drive in Portland next week ... before I commit, any chance we could get together for coffee for me to ask you a few questions?

thanks,
Simon
Simon,

Not sure if you got in touch with SULA yet but if you are in Calgary there are a number of us who would be happy to meet/discuss/drive with you.

3s-a-charm

Simon,

Not sure if you got in touch with SULA yet but if you are in Calgary there are a number of us who would be happy to meet/discuss/drive with you.

3s-a-charm

I am in Vancouver, and I'll be test driving a model s 70D tomorrow. I am with a friend that really wants to upgrade to a tesla. He currently drives a Jaguar XF. I have very high expectations and can't wait to drive one. As well I hope to see the new titanium color.
anyone in Calgary that might need something from the service department, I could bring it back with me if it s not too large. I am flying back home.

I am in Vancouver, and I'll be test driving a model s 70D tomorrow. I am with a friend that really wants to upgrade to a tesla. He currently drives a Jaguar XF. I have very high expectations and can't wait to drive one. As well I hope to see the new titanium color.
anyone in Calgary that might need something from the service department, I could bring it back with me if it s not too large. I am flying back home.
The Jaguar XF always confuses me for another Tesla when I see them on the road... Have fun in Van!

maybe bring me back a ranger? :)

Actually I have an appointment coming up on the 22nd or so. Can't think of any supplies just now.

Hi Wolfdown @wolfdown,

My apologies as I have not been on the Tesla Club website for more than a week. I think by now you may be in Portland test driving a Tesla! Let me know how it went! If you would still like to meet, weekend starting 12 June would be best for me. It would be a pleasure to meet with you. I hope some of the Calgary folks helped out in my absence.

Hi Sula,

thanks,
Simon