Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing interest in the Model S. All positive and lot's of "Wow"s on the door handles and center screen.
The crowd was huge and at times felt that we were being swarmed with people.

Thanks for sharing the photos Footbag and thanks for the heads up on the show.
Look forward to the next one after the sun burn subsides.
Great experience and admire your answering all those questions for 6 hours straight.:cool:

Well this was a fun weekend. Saturday morning I checked out the pre-show gathering of the Race For The Cure cars. It is somewhat telling that those interested in cars are coming around to Tesla, as two people came up to me standing by my car (which was at a bit of a distance from all the Ferrari's/etc as I didn't want to intrude on their gathering) and said that out of all the cars present, the Tesla was the best/coolest one. I set Waldo loose: Race For The Cure 2015 - YouTube.
Then today, Zapped and I had a pretty fantastic time at a local Fathers Day car show. Lots of interest in the two Tesla's. Apparently my skin (in conjunction with the sun) wanted to join in on the fun, going all chameleon on me and mimicking the color of the two cars lol.
View attachment 84946View attachment 84947
Thanks for sharing - looks awesome! Glad to see the oil prices haven't spurred a mass sell-off of exotic cars in Edmonton!

Quiet thread these days... the Mrs and I are headed to Canmore 'tonight' for the weekend, perhaps I'll have a chance to catch up with some of you southern folk!

I posted about a little run in/incident I had with a local garage that touched my car over here. In short, valet mode is good, energy consumption graph is a helpful tool, and a dash cam is a very handy device when other people touch your car without supervision.

Not good about the local garage taking your car for "ride"
It really makes you wonder how many other people that happens to without them knowing
I'm guessing more than you think.

Probably just a good idea to let them know up front the car is recording everything.
TESLA knows too !

Last edited:
Quiet thread these days... the Mrs and I are headed to Canmore 'tonight' for the weekend, perhaps I'll have a chance to catch up with some of you southern folk!

I posted about a little run in/incident I had with a local garage that touched my car over here. In short, valet mode is good, energy consumption graph is a helpful tool, and a dash cam is a very handy device when other people touch your car without supervision.
Hi Footbag,
I had considered a trip out to Canmore today but I don't think it will pan out. Hope you had a great weekend i Canmore. One of these days we will try again to organize a Red Deer trip.

Hi Footbag,
I had considered a trip out to Canmore today but I don't think it will pan out. Hope you had a great weekend i Canmore. One of these days we will try again to organize a Red Deer trip.

It was a great trip... might even have a short Waldo video to post in a bit (if it turned out). Personally, I say forget about Red Deer... Canmore and area is soooo nice. Took 1A for part of the return leg... significantly more enjoyable than the TC. Had to get the wife to Sylvan Lake, which rushed us today, otherwise I would have reached out to see if anyone was up for even just a drink in Calgary. It was also a nice tune up, as we are leaving for California in just over a week. The trip down will be quick and basic (trying to make good time, and using superchargers enroute). The route back will be more interesting, following the coast most of the way. I think I have charging mostly sorted out, but something in the back of my head is throwing up warnings... I've been trying to prepare the wife for charging sessions that are in the hours, not minutes like superchargers.

Also, both the Red Deer and Canmore superchargers have been 'cleaned up'. Pavement has been fixed, and the concrete bumpers have been swapped out for a low profile design that are low enough to not damage the car even on the lowest suspension setting.
curb.jpg

It was a great trip... might even have a short Waldo video to post in a bit (if it turned out). Personally, I say forget about Red Deer... Canmore and area is soooo nice. Took 1A for part of the return leg... significantly more enjoyable than the TC. Had to get the wife to Sylvan Lake, which rushed us today, otherwise I would have reached out to see if anyone was up for even just a drink in Calgary. It was also a nice tune up, as we are leaving for California in just over a week. The trip down will be quick and basic (trying to make good time, and using superchargers enroute). The route back will be more interesting, following the coast most of the way. I think I have charging mostly sorted out, but something in the back of my head is throwing up warnings... I've been trying to prepare the wife for charging sessions that are in the hours, not minutes like superchargers.

Also, both the Red Deer and Canmore superchargers have been 'cleaned up'. Pavement has been fixed, and the concrete bumpers have been swapped out for a low profile design that are low enough to not damage the car even on the lowest suspension setting.
View attachment 86374

will you be driving as far as. Fremont and schedule a tesla factory tour. I would highly recommend it. Would have been nice to meet. Once again, if you need a place to stay for the night. I can accomodate! Just give me a heads up.

so, just doing a bit of detective work... I see that Tomanik now has a Signature Red P85. I used to try and keep track of who the different owners were and their respective cars - back when there were only a handful of us on here. I'm pretty sure that tomanik had a black 60KWH. Also, the only signature red I was aware of in Calgary belonged to Craig (85KWh). @Tomanik, did you buy Craig's signature red P85? I wonder if Craig has ordered a new car?
Just being nosey.

On another Edmonton area auto forum I follow, I saw a thread titled "Supercharger install in Edmonton". I hurriedly clicked on it, thinking someone had the inside scoop on where Tesla was applying for permits or the like for the SC destined for Edmonton. I was thoroughly disappointed that it was some lad looking to install a supercharger in his mustang. :tongue:

so, just doing a bit of detective work... I see that Tomanik now has a Signature Red P85. I used to try and keep track of who the different owners were and their respective cars - back when there were only a handful of us on here. I'm pretty sure that tomanik had a black 60KWH. Also, the only signature red I was aware of in Calgary belonged to Craig (85KWh). @Tomanik, did you buy Craig's signature red P85? I wonder if Craig has ordered a new car?
Just being nosey.

I picked up the P85 a few months ago out of Vancouver, the previous owner (not Craig) had upgraded to a P85D. The paint needs a good correction and will get XPEL over the front before winter. My black 60 is with a new owner here in Calgary, she is thrilled to be driving electric!

I picked up the P85 a few months ago out of Vancouver, the previous owner (not Craig) had upgraded to a P85D. The paint needs a good correction and will get XPEL over the front before winter. My black 60 is with a new owner here in Calgary, she is thrilled to be driving electric!

Congrats and good to hear that you kept the 60 in town - the more the merrier. So now we have two sig reds (that I'm aware of).

- - - Updated - - -

On another Edmonton area auto forum I follow, I saw a thread titled "Supercharger install in Edmonton". I hurriedly clicked on it, thinking someone had the inside scoop on where Tesla was applying for permits or the like for the SC destined for Edmonton. I was thoroughly disappointed that it was some lad looking to install a supercharger in his mustang. :tongue:

Oh yeah, that kind of supercharger. How old fashioned.

So early indications are that a later time may be better, we are still very much open to it being an evening meet up so that more people can attend.
I think I can make it on Saturday.
Just wondering, how busy is Hawrelak on Saturday's with weather like we have been having?

I had been thinking about some kind of 'Coffee and Cars' meetup for awhile, but hadn't thought of good place. Figured something around the South leg of the Anthony Henday would be the most accessible, was going to bring it up to see if there were any suggestions for where and when.

I think I can make it on Saturday.
Just wondering, how busy is Hawrelak on Saturday's with weather like we have been having?

I had been thinking about some kind of 'Coffee and Cars' meetup for awhile, but hadn't thought of good place. Figured something around the South leg of the Anthony Henday would be the most accessible, was going to bring it up to see if there were any suggestions for where and when.

In the morning, Hawrelak isn't too bad, but if we shift to an early evening meet, another venue is likely best, and suggestions are most welcome. Not sure if some restaurant with a patio would take a reservation on a saturday night... bonus points if they would reserve parking lol (the restaurant the Calgary group frequents in Canmore offered to do such, guess they often get car groups coming through).