Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The strip mall on Garden Road is located just west of Hwy 216 on Whitemud Drive and south on Garden Rd.
It has a good size parking lot,easy to find and Original Joes is close by if anyone wants to have a drink on the patio.
Been texting with Footbag and tossed around the idea of a 6:00pm meetup.
I know two other owners who could join us at that time.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea, I'll try and make it :smile:

The strip mall on Garden Road is located just west of Hwy 216 on Whitemud Drive and south on Garden Rd.
It has a good size parking lot,easy to find and Original Joes is close by if anyone wants to have a drink on the patio.
Been texting with Footbag and tossed around the idea of a 6:00pm meetup.
I know two other owners who could join us at that time.

Hey everybody, just thought I'd check in, catch up on the thread and say hello. We are currently in summer camping mode, and since our S85 arrived back on March 31, we have managed to put over 13500 KM's on the car, and that's with a 2 week vacation where we didn't drive it at all.

Loving it! On average over 1/3 of our charging happens away from home, which means that over 4000KM's have been free provided by Tesla's super charger and public chargers. Not too bad at all. At this rate the $2000 supercharger option will have paid for itself and we will be trending to closer to 50% charging away from home.

Hope you are all having a great summer

Good turn out on Friday.
Tesla Meet Edmonton - July 11.jpg

Good to meet everyone.
Looking forward to Footbags drone shots.

Having a blast on our road trip to Cali. Factory tour was good (not as good as maybe I built it up to be, but good). It was neat to see ~10 Teslas charging at the Fremont superchargers, but kind of expected. It was very very neat seeing 6 cars charging at Petaluma SC... and generally the people are still eager to talk 'shop' :). One lady pulled up with the U symbol for Uber on her 70D. When we asked her if it was indeed indicating she worked for Uber, she confirmed indeed her Husband did, and then quickly proceeded to remove it... she didn't seemed thrilled to be associated with Uber LOL.

A couple of Americans were shocked that we made it down on Superchargers... they assumed Canada would have next to none (granted, they would be right if I was from Sask/Manitoba lol).

Driving the pacific coast highway in the Tesla is amazing. While all the other cars are hard on their brakes in the various bends, I almost never had to touch mine, relying on regen. Also being able to come out of a corner like a spaceship was quite fun as well! It (the drive + views) were actually more enjoyable than the tour was (except for the neat bonus we saw in the factory, shhh) but even that was eclipsed by getting a chance to talk with a Tesla employee testing autopilot and using v7 of the software... details of which are here.

Saw a skateboard with dual motor... the front motor is much larger than I thought it was (and that size comes in height, oddly enough). My wife loved the perk of being able to park at the Seattle Tesla store - where otherwise parking was super tough to find.

The Tesla is an amazing road trip car!

Having a blast on our road trip to Cali. Factory tour was good (not as good as maybe I built it up to be, but good). It was neat to see ~10 Teslas charging at the Fremont superchargers, but kind of expected. It was very very neat seeing 6 cars charging at Petaluma SC... and generally the people are still eager to talk 'shop' :). One lady pulled up with the U symbol for Uber on her 70D. When we asked her if it was indeed indicating she worked for Uber, she confirmed indeed her Husband did, and then quickly proceeded to remove it... she didn't seemed thrilled to be associated with Uber LOL.

A couple of Americans were shocked that we made it down on Superchargers... they assumed Canada would have next to none (granted, they would be right if I was from Sask/Manitoba lol).

Driving the pacific coast highway in the Tesla is amazing. While all the other cars are hard on their brakes in the various bends, I almost never had to touch mine, relying on regen. Also being able to come out of a corner like a spaceship was quite fun as well! It (the drive + views) were actually more enjoyable than the tour was (except for the neat bonus we saw in the factory, shhh) but even that was eclipsed by getting a chance to talk with a Tesla employee testing autopilot and using v7 of the software... details of which are here.

Saw a skateboard with dual motor... the front motor is much larger than I thought it was (and that size comes in height, oddly enough). My wife loved the perk of being able to park at the Seattle Tesla store - where otherwise parking was super tough to find.

The Tesla is an amazing road trip car!
Thanks Footbag - sounds like you're having a great trip! Feel free to stop by my place on your way back for a charge (and to fill me in on the "skeleton" you saw in the factory!!). Enjoy the trip - I did that drive from Calgary to Vancouver then down the PCH to San Francisco back in 2001. I remember the twisty roads of Northern California very well!

Just wanted to extend a big (and sadly, overdue!) Thanks to gpetti, 3s-a-charm and, In2Oil for providing a wonderful Tesla experience for myself and a friend in Calgary a couple of weeks ago. I secretly arranged for gpetti to meet us to show off his P85D for someone who had never even seen a Tesla in person before - and we were later treated to two more P85D's after a quick spin! I think gpetti said it may have been the best reaction he's ever gotten. My poor Audi definitely got no love that afternoon.

Thanks again for great showing, very happy to be a part of such a great community.

I also just verified that the house I'm building will be getting a NEMA 14-50 in the garage, so I'm Tesla ready, just need to find the right one and convince the wife...

Just wanted to extend a big (and sadly, overdue!) Thanks to gpetti, 3s-a-charm and, In2Oil for providing a wonderful Tesla experience for myself and a friend in Calgary a couple of weeks ago. I secretly arranged for gpetti to meet us to show off his P85D for someone who had never even seen a Tesla in person before - and we were later treated to two more P85D's after a quick spin! I think gpetti said it may have been the best reaction he's ever gotten. My poor Audi definitely got no love that afternoon.

Thanks again for great showing, very happy to be a part of such a great community.

I also just verified that the house I'm building will be getting a NEMA 14-50 in the garage, so I'm Tesla ready, just need to find the right one and convince the wife...
It was our pleasure (to steal a line from in2oil). The problem with convincing your wife is that she won't want to drive anything else so you won't get to drive your Tesla when you get it (speaking from experience). Now she is trying to convince me to get a second one! :scared:

So, for the P85D owners, what are some thoughts on Ludicrous mode? Anyone planning on getting the update? I put my name on the list in Vancouver.. was told they have very little information yet. I have my doubts if a Ranger could do the work locally... maybe if a few of us are interested, they could bring the needed equipment over and do a bunch of us at a shop (in either city or both) - wishful thinking I know :biggrin:.

Last edited:
So, for the P85D owners, what are some thoughts on Ludicrous mode? Anyone planning on getting the update? I put my name on the list in Vancouver.. was told they have very little information yet. I have my doubts if a Ranger could do the work in Edmonton... maybe if a few of us are interested, they could bring the needed equipment over and do a bunch of us at Vlads shop or something (wishful thinking I know).

My name is on the list too. Seems to be a good deal. However, I have a feeling we may need to drive out to Vancouver to get it all installed, unless Tesla miraculously opens the Calgary service centre within the next 6 months. It would be great if a Ranger could just do an install in our garages though!

My name is on the list too. Seems to be a good deal. However, I have a feeling we may need to drive out to Vancouver to get it all installed, unless Tesla miraculously opens the Calgary service centre within the next 6 months. It would be great if a Ranger could just do an install in our garages though!

With so much going on, I forgot about the Calgary service center prospect. That might just work/happen!

I should be on the list as well. I spoke with Katrina several times as well with California. I'll call back and secure a place for the upgrade. I believe too that getting the ludicrous is quite a good deal. it's pretty much 50% discount.