Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What should I expect doing something like this to cost? I have a detached garage with unfinished drywall as well. Overhead wires going to house as it is an older neighbourhood. Thanks.

Rough install of my HPWC completed. Too bad I had to have the massive shut-off switch so close by. I was told it was code because it is so far from the panel and the panel is not considered a shut-off. Managed to get a full 100 Amp connection so looking forward to fast charging with the dual chargers - 92km of range per hour of charing. Looking forward to finishing off the drywall and finally getting the car installed in my garage! :)
View attachment 64976View attachment 64977

As mine will be delivered and wrapped before yours arrives you can check it out if you want (or anyone else for that matter). Currently looks like I will receive by last week in January, hopefully wrapped within a week.
If you get your re-ordered car before me I will be supremely jealous! :)

- - - Updated - - -

What should I expect doing something like this to cost? I have a detached garage with unfinished drywall as well. Overhead wires going to house as it is an older neighbourhood. Thanks.
Call Mic at allelectric.ca at 403-971-5105 as he was great and a super Tesla enthusiast. He now has experience and did a very good job at reasonable rates. I had a bunch of other electrical done at the same time so I'm not sure the exact cost. IIR it was more in parts than labor as I had to get a new 200A panel in the garage plus the shut-off and that super-thick wire.

You should call this guy in India for a quote. He'll wire you up in no time.

Attachments

• India-Tangled-Wires-4.jpg
    India-Tangled-Wires-4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 228
You should call this guy in India for a quote. He'll wire you up in no time.

LOL I'm calling him right away!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Mic is headed to my place for consultation next week!

- - - Updated - - -

Call Mic at allelectric.ca at 403-971-5105 as he was great and a super Tesla enthusiast. He now has experience and did a very good job at reasonable rates. I had a bunch of other electrical done at the same time so I'm not sure the exact cost. IIR it was more in parts than labor as I had to get a new 200A panel in the garage plus the shut-off and that super-thick wire.

- - - Updated - - -

If I get my car before you - I will probably not advertise it until you have yours. I have developed a lot of empathy for how it feels to watch people who ordered after you getting their cars first. :)

@mcmuggets, re: electrical I was getting other electrical done too so I can't provide a discrete cost either. It also very much depends on the length of wire that has to be run which affects the guage (therefore material costs) as well as labor. I also would not recommend the electrician I used so "3s" is probably as good a bet as any. I don't recall if anyone else on this thread had recommended someone (here in Calgary).

and a supercharger desert too, though I think Mayhemm has done most of this journey.

I have indeed! It's a fine drive but not one I would recommend if on a deadline.

In summer, I would allow about a week for travel each way. In winter, it might be wise to add a day or two.

Of course, my days are probably shorter than most road-trippers (start with full charge -> run till empty -> charge until full -> run to empty -> stop for the night)

.....Of course, my days are probably shorter than most road-trippers (start with full charge -> run till empty -> charge until full -> run to empty -> stop for the night)

For the non-Super charger routes I tend to (drive 2 hours -> eat/charge 2 hrs) ... repeat 3 times daily or until eating to much becomes difficult....... then find a hotel to charge for the night.
Of course with SC's anything goes.

How far are you from Winnipeg? I guess that would not be a very efficient way to head West

About 730km from Winnipeg. Not really a day-trip. :smile:

You're right, anytime I want to head West I head down through Saskatchewan and connect to the Trans-Canada.

I haven't actually made the drive directly to Winnipeg (or vise-versa) yet due to the slow charging options on that route. It's one of my goals for when the weather warms up though

Just wanted to say thanks to Footbag for spending the better part of his afternoon showing me his P85D. Despite the cold weather and slippery roads, that thing truly is insanely fast. I had been in several Model S' before, but this was unlike any of them. I really liked how far the interior has come over the years. Amazing car and great guy!

Also nice to see the community growing in Edmonton. Hope there will be an opportunity for some sort of event when the weather's nicer, I mean, there's a festival for everything here, surely an EV one is in order?

License plate installed
Now just have to drop off "James" at the detailers for a week to get Xpel Ultimate installed.

View attachment 68934
Lots of great vanity plates for Alberta Tesla owners. I keep wondering if I will get busted at some point for having the Tesla frame on my license plate, obscuring the sticker but I have seen many other owners with this and so far so good apparently.

Just wanted to say thanks to Footbag for spending the better part of his afternoon showing me his P85D. Despite the cold weather and slippery roads, that thing truly is insanely fast. I had been in several Model S' before, but this was unlike any of them. I really liked how far the interior has come over the years. Amazing car and great guy!

It was a good time. Glad we got to experience both a start on slippery roads and one on a mostly clear road so you got both the acceleration and the safety aspect. Aside from mirrors/rear doors freezing all the time (and of course range), this car seems uniquely suited for our climate/road conditions.

@SkiD, Congrats on the car. Seems like I may be the only one in this thread getting a D and not getting it xpel wrapped... can't shake the feeling that I may really regret it!

Oh, and just a cautionary note to all, especially if doing a launch, but also if just driving normally, be cautious around intersections... on my way home from meeting @c041v, when my light turned green, a goofball in a truck in the oncoming lane decided to turn left in front of me (trying to 'beat' myself and the car beside me). He was so single minded, he didn't even factor in pedestrians (it was whyte ave), and had to break hard not to hit them... meanwhile he held up two lanes of traffic.

Greetings to all Albertans and other hangers-on (plus you, Mayhemm!).

After an aborted, tentative plan last spring to drive the P85 back to Alaska from the lesser-48, we're going to do it this spring...in truncated fashion. A "helpful" friend - the kind who often is wrong but never in doubt - has alerted me that with our plan to make use of friendly mechanics and their welder outlets for charging, as we pass through the Far North Country, we need take care of the "weird" 240V receptacles used in Canada. I'm thinking hogwash, that the standard adaptors Tesla supplies should suffice, but would like as much input from those of you in the know as possible.

Any help?