Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS contacted me over the weekend. My car should be in Vancouver middle of April and I should get it soon after that! I'm planning to get Refine to wrap it. I'm going to get it tinted as well. Just wondering how much tint people have gone with and what they recommend. Planning to get the same tint all around (excluding front windshield of course) so I don't want too dark.

My DS contacted me over the weekend. My car should be in Vancouver middle of April and I should get it soon after that! I'm planning to get Refine to wrap it. I'm going to get it tinted as well. Just wondering how much tint people have gone with and what they recommend. Planning to get the same tint all around (excluding front windshield of course) so I don't want too dark.

Sounds like our cars will be arriving same time. I'm thinking of getting tinting as well as full wrap, but also doing the front windows (yes I know it's not legal). I figure if I make the back ones dark enough then the front ones being tinted very very slightly might actually not look too obvious. I just want some sun shading is all. I've seen it on a lot of cars in Calgary and it looks good and not obvious and you can still see the driver just fine.

Just spoke with Yin who is covering for Randy our DS. Our car is going through prep in Vancouver right now. It will be here on Monday or Tuesday. Monday if one or two Teslas are bound for Calgary, Tuesday if there are more (they need to schedule a bigger truck).

I had to wire them a little more money to cover the taxes. Just got that out today. The HSBC branch here in Calgary closes at 4:00pm, glad I made it. Now the home stretch on the waiting. If I didn't have to work Monday and Tuesday I'd fly out and drive it home from Vancouver.

Just spoke with Yin who is covering for Randy our DS. Our car is going through prep in Vancouver right now. It will be here on Monday or Tuesday. Monday if one or two Teslas are bound for Calgary, Tuesday if there are more (they need to schedule a bigger truck).

I had to wire them a little more money to cover the taxes. Just got that out today. The HSBC branch here in Calgary closes at 4:00pm, glad I made it. Now the home stretch on the waiting. If I didn't have to work Monday and Tuesday I'd fly out and drive it home from Vancouver.

Awesome! Yin is my DS as well (original DS for me not substitute), she's been pretty good at helping me with all the changes I've made to my original order and my trade in etc. You must be so excited to get your Tesla.... I am waiting another month. I hope to see more and more Model S's around town!

- - - Updated - - -

The Tesla factory is building my Model S! Just got the status change. It's finally happening!

Woohoo my status has changed to "in production" too! Question... Is it weird that every time I park in the garage I pick up the HPWC charger and look at it and press the button? Lol.

Nice! In2oil and ggenge have cars coming tomorrow, so many new Teslas ! Look forward to gathering with everyone soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! Yin is my DS as well (original DS for me not substitute), she's been pretty good at helping me with all the changes I've made to my original order and my trade in etc. You must be so excited to get your Tesla.... I am waiting another month. I hope to see more and more Model S's around town!

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo my status has changed to "in production" too! Question... Is it weird that every time I park in the garage I pick up the HPWC charger and look at it and press the button? Lol.
probably (weird) but I would totally do that too!

Last edited:
Great to hear some more dreams becoming reality in Calgary! I have to work all day today so won't be able to join ggenge or in2oil for their deliveries but wish them well. If anyone is interested... we are planning our weekly drive to Canmore again tomorrow (3 weekends in a row!). It's such a nice drive - especially on the HWY 1A.

Put my summer wheels on yesterday and got my rear console too :)
IMG_1537.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 189
Great to hear some more dreams becoming reality in Calgary! I have to work all day today so won't be able to join ggenge or in2oil for their deliveries but wish them well. If anyone is interested... we are planning our weekly drive to Canmore again tomorrow (3 weekends in a row!). It's such a nice drive - especially on the HWY 1A.

Put my summer wheels on yesterday and got my rear console too :)
View attachment 76152
When are you going, before 12?

Not sure... But likely heading there for lunch so leaving around 10:30... Depending on how my wife is feeling - she is under the weather today. Likely stop first at in2oil's house to see the pearl white beauty!
You're going to be disappointed if you go to in2oils house expecting to see a pearl white beauty. His car is dark grey :smile:
the pearl white belongs to ggenge. We saw both cars arrive today, ggenge first, then he and I drove over to in2oils place and saw his delivery. I had to leave then but there was some talk of driving over to the next tesla delivery. Not sure if that happened.
Here's a few pics. The third one appears to have a filter on so it doesn't look that great.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

If I had to bet, they will have the .200 variant of 6.1. The cars were probably prepped days ago and that is what the SCs are pushing out. They also seem to avid having early versions of major releases, possibly to avoid people making service appointments to get new features.

Spent the day snowboarding with my daughter as Sunshine today. Stopped by the Canmore Superchargers today at around 2:30pm hoping to bump into a forum member but nobody was around. My buddy and I had a few good laughs though. He pointed to the supercharger and said "you see young girl, when you daddy can't afford to send you to college - just remember that logo" - Referencing of course my recent purchase of stock. Nice day for a drive. I hope everybody enjoyed their day.

Spent the day snowboarding with my daughter as Sunshine today. Stopped by the Canmore Superchargers today at around 2:30pm hoping to bump into a forum member but nobody was around. My buddy and I had a few good laughs though. He pointed to the supercharger and said "you see young girl, when you daddy can't afford to send you to college - just remember that logo" - Referencing of course my recent purchase of stock. Nice day for a drive. I hope everybody enjoyed their day.
sorry, in the end nobody went to Canmore - as you found out. I think at some point we will organize something more formal.