Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 2 with our Tesla, and it was an adventure - I had a Lethbridge trip and was planning on stopping in at my in-laws to get some charging done to make it home safely. We made the call (my wife and I) in Lethbridge that we had enough charge to make the run home without a pit stop along the way.

Started out with 438KM of rated range and got home with 0 rated after driving 402KM. Driving there we had a tailwind and driving back there was a headwind. We could have made it with more rated KM's remaining, but I opted to hurry as I had a good feel for the car's range (I applied the 6.2 update overnight).

Wow, exciting DAY2 with the car! Having the J1772 adapter would have allowed us to top up in both High River and Lethbridge. It should be here tomorrow, and we won't leave home without it.

Day 2 with our Tesla, and it was an adventure - I had a Lethbridge trip and was planning on stopping in at my in-laws to get some charging done to make it home safely. We made the call (my wife and I) in Lethbridge that we had enough charge to make the run home without a pit stop along the way.

Started out with 438KM of rated range and got home with 0 rated after driving 402KM. Driving there we had a tailwind and driving back there was a headwind. We could have made it with more rated KM's remaining, but I opted to hurry as I had a good feel for the car's range (I applied the 6.2 update overnight).

Wow, exciting DAY2 with the car! Having the J1772 adapter would have allowed us to top up in both High River and Lethbridge. It should be here tomorrow, and we won't leave home without it.

I have a 100 amp Sun Country Charger at my company in Lethbridge available for anyone - also my Model S is usually there if you need to use my connector. Too bad I read your post a day late.

Stony Trail not current in nav system

For those of you in or passing through Calgary, you may have noticed that Stony Trail is not accurately represented in the Tesla maps. The interchanges and exits are different, and, in the south, the lady will tell you turn on Marquis of Lorne Trail, which no longer exists after the integration with Stony.

Please pay close attention when using the ring road.

That is exciting! Although, with mine, it took a week to get as far as Vancouver and another week to get to Calgary. (I ran out of patience and flew out to Vancouver to pick it up, which was more for the adventure with my son than getting it five days early.)

I briefly contemplated going to Vancouver and driving my car back as well... I wondered if the delivery to my home would include a walkthrough but I doubt it. Anyone else who had delivery in Calgary to their door get a walkthrough?

I briefly contemplated going to Vancouver and driving my car back as well... I wondered if the delivery to my home would include a walkthrough but I doubt it. Anyone else who had delivery in Calgary to their door get a walkthrough?

Randy, my DS, told me that I wouldn't get a walkthrough with the delivery, that the car is very intuitive and the video walkthrough on the website is very detailed—which are true statements.

I don't think it would be worth the time or expense just for the visit to the service centre and the walkthrough. I jumped on the opportunity because it was time to spend with my son and sister, who have busy lives, and for the crash-course in the car's features and Supercharger network. I was highly impressed with the TACC and the overall driving experience. The energy-prediction feature (in 6.1, 6.2 wasn't out yet) gave us confidence in the charge when we arrived at the next Supercharger and the prediction changed depending on driving habits, so we knew when to take it easy to preserve charge at our destination.

I have photos from our road trip here: Picasa Web Albums - Rob Vestrum - Serenity Road...

I felt it was totally worth the experience, but there is a lot to be said for having the car deposited on your driveway.

No walkthrough in Calgary, but I'm sure many of us here would be happy to meet up and give you a walk through or answer questions. I've gone out to vancouver for both deliveries but I also have a brother I like to visit there. I didn't drive it back either time as I was getting it wrapped in calgary and wanted it protected until then. After having it in vancouver for service, I decided to forgo the unpredictable shipping service and drive it back ( putting great faith in the service work). It was a great trip as I've chronicled elsewhere and a great way to get to know your car.

Hi all! A new P85D owner in Canmore / Calgary with delivery this morning in Canmore.
When is the next gathering at the Canmore Supercharger and/or Iron Goat?

I also was planning to pick up in Vancouver for the fun drive back, but instead was shipped.

Jetsai Transport was exceptional and drove all night and gave me a walkthrough this morning. Exceptional service from Tesla (Randy Taylor, Vancouver; Joe Risi, Raleigh NC and folks in California).

I am new to the forum and my first post.

Tesla_IMG.jpg

Hi all! A new P85D owner in Canmore / Calgary with delivery this morning in Canmore.

I also was planning to pick up in Vancouver for the fun drive back, but instead was shipped.

Jetsai Transport was exceptional and drove all night and gave me a walkthrough this morning. Exceptional service from Tesla (Randy Taylor, Vancouver; Joe Risi, Raleigh NC and folks in California).

View attachment 76800
n

conratulation, the grey wheels on white looks really sharp. I am up for a drive to Canmore. Perhaps other tesla owners are up for it, welcome to the tesla club family.

View attachment 76800
Congrats! Car looks amazing! I'm not available this weekend but next weekend likely works for another drive and lunch in Canmore. Sunday, April 12th.

Congrats! Car looks amazing! I'm not available this weekend but next weekend likely works for another drive and lunch in Canmore. Sunday, April 12th.

Likewise I can't do this weekend. We were talking about possibly doing a red deer run soon but maybe we can plan that for when end of April? April 12th works for me if we can get a few Tesla's going.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 76800

Congrats and welcome!
Not sure if there are any other Teslas in Canmore but its about time there was one out there. Guess you won't be needing an HPWC :)

Likewise I can't do this weekend. We were talking about possibly doing a red deer run soon but maybe we can plan that for when end of April? April 12th works for me if we can get a few Tesla's going.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats and welcome!
Not sure if there are any other Teslas in Canmore but its about time there was one out there. Guess you won't be needing an HPWC :)

my tesla is going for a full wrap xpel at refine next Wednesday, they tell my it could take up to 5days to complete the installation. As result my tesla may not be ready on time for the meet. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
my tesla is going for a full wrap xpel at refine next Wednesday, they tell my it could take up to 5days to complete the installation. As result my tesla may not be ready on time for the meet. I'll keep you posted.

That's awesome... 5 days must feel like an eternity. I'm bringing mine into Refine as well when the time comes. I looked at the job they did on gpetti's and I must say I was very impressed with the result. Anyone have any reviews on their detailing services?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats and welcome!

Thanks all who have replied and commented on the car!

Weekend April 12: Unfortunately, I can only make the weekend after (17-18 April).

UAV Driver (many posts ago): Who was this?

Canmore: Apparently there was another Tesla delivered to Canmore by Jetsai Transport. Doubt I am the first.

HPWC: Correct. Only a 14-50 plug here in the garage. Have already tried the Supercharger with a walk to Tim Hortons.

gpetti & Refine: I think you should be getting commissions... :smile: I'll be calling there as well.

That's awesome... 5 days must feel like an eternity. I'm bringing mine into Refine as well when the time comes. I looked at the job they did on gpetti's and I must say I was very impressed with the result. Anyone have any reviews on their detailing services?

They just finished doing my wife's m235i bmw and you can't tell where the paint and the xpel is. It is the best shop in town for car film. if you care just slightly about your car, xpel is a must. I have a VW touareg 2011 and it still looks like new.

- - - Updated - - -

This I will do for sure!

Tell them, I recommended them as well. They are the best!