Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with our DS Randy Taylor today, AMD the car will be on a truck tomorrow for delivery here in Calgary sometime on Tuesday. I'm told the truck driver will be getting in touch!! I didn't think we'd hear from them over a weekend. Great news! We already have some trips planned for LA (Lethbridge Alberta), and are for The Easter weekend.

Spoke with our DS Randy Taylor today, AMD the car will be on a truck tomorrow for delivery here in Calgary sometime on Tuesday. I'm told the truck driver will be getting in touch!! I didn't think we'd hear from them over a weekend. Great news! We already have some trips planned for LA (Lethbridge Alberta), and are for The Easter weekend.
Very exciting! There were three Teslas delivered to the Calgary area on Saturday, a couple to Edmonton I think and yours plus possibly one other on Tuesday. If that keeps up we'll be awash with Teslas soon ! I heard recently that Alberta wide there are something like 90 Teslas. Presumably that means there are probably 30-40 Teslas in Calgary currently. That suggests more than a 10% increase in the Calgary area in 4 days.

Very exciting! There were three Teslas delivered to the Calgary area on Saturday, a couple to Edmonton I think and yours plus possibly one other on Tuesday. If that keeps up we'll be awash with Teslas soon ! I heard recently that Alberta wide there are something like 90 Teslas. Presumably that means there are probably 30-40 Teslas in Calgary currently. That suggests more than a 10% increase in the Calgary area in 4 days.
Time to open that Service Centre...! :)

Time to open that Service Centre...! :)

Fully agree! I feel one has to be coming this year.... we have superchargers surrounding our city... it only makes sense! There's a bunch of new commercial buildings finishing up construction as well in good locations too... maybe Tesla can take one of the Future Shop locations that will be opening up soon... Target also (but that might be far too large of a footprint).

I don't know if this is something new or something I have simply never noticed on myTesla.

At the bottom of my dashboard it has listed my store as being...

It's a script that shows your nearest SC, SC, and store. Lucky you it shows all Canadian stuff there, Tesla likes Alberta. Not so much if you live a province to the east... ;) (Minneapolis Store, Calgary SC, and Billings Supercharger for me).

Last edited:
I don't know if this is something new or something I have simply never noticed on myTesla.

At the bottom of my dashboard it has listed my store as being Vancouver Robson but my service centre is Calgary. It also has Red Deer supercharger listed as well. Thought I would share anyways.

I haven't noticed this before but unfortunately it is just picking up the "coming soon" Calgary service center. It has been coming soon for over a year.

What an amazing first day with the car. We put 400KM's on the car. Went from Calgary to Banff via Bragg Creek, stopped in Canmore on the way back, went to McDonald's for dinner with the kids, and by the time we got back to the car it was fully charged! Back home the long way as well.

I have have a special favor to ask of the Calgary Tesla owners. I didn't get the J1772 adapter with my car (Randy is going to ship it out for Thursday) and I need to go to Lethbridge tomorrow. I'd love to take the car. Would any of you be willing to loan me your adapter just for use tomorrow. I'd have it back to you tomorrow evening (you have my word). If anyone is willing and able to help me out please message me. I'd be able to come by your home/work tomorrow morning around 11:00am.

I can always take our gas vehicle if needed, but It would make my day to take the car. Thanks in advance.

What an amazing first day with the car. We put 400KM's on the car. Went from Calgary to Banff via Bragg Creek, stopped in Canmore on the way back, went to McDonald's for dinner with the kids, and by the time we got back to the car it was fully charged! Back home the long way as well.

I have have a special favor to ask of the Calgary Tesla owners. I didn't get the J1772 adapter with my car (Randy is going to ship it out for Thursday) and I need to go to Lethbridge tomorrow. I'd love to take the car. Would any of you be willing to loan me your adapter just for use tomorrow. I'd have it back to you tomorrow evening (you have my word). If anyone is willing and able to help me out please message me. I'd be able to come by your home/work tomorrow morning around 11:00am.

I can always take our gas vehicle if needed, but It would make my day to take the car. Thanks in advance.

Crisis averted, I have a Plan B. I can make it to Lethbridge, and stop in to see family in Lomond AB and charge off of a Nema14-50 plug for long enough to get enough of a top up (plus some extra) to make it home. I emailed and texted Randy at Tesla, and he responded at midnight his time! He's going to rush out the adapter and I will have it on Thursday.

Life is good.

P.S. Our 4 kids love love love the seat layout! Tons of room for them.

Crisis averted, I have a Plan B. I can make it to Lethbridge, and stop in to see family in Lomond AB and charge off of a Nema14-50 plug for long enough to get enough of a top up (plus some extra) to make it home. I emailed and texted Randy at Tesla, and he responded at midnight his time! He's going to rush out the adapter and I will have it on Thursday.

Life is good.

P.S. Our 4 kids love love love the seat layout! Tons of room for them.
Good to hear you have it sorted. I only just saw this post but I would have been happy to lend it. I don't use any of my charging components unless I'm on a road trip and even then, I'm supercharging lately anyway.

If you need one.. I let your borrow mine anytime... call or email me.
I am in the NW... [email protected]

"Your Model S is in transit from the factory" ..... status seemingly jumped from being built to being in transit! I certainly hope it isn't some cruel April Fools joke like this posted by Tesla today: New: ticket-avoidance-mode for Model S. - YouTube

That is exciting! Although, with mine, it took a week to get as far as Vancouver and another week to get to Calgary. (I ran out of patience and flew out to Vancouver to pick it up, which was more for the adventure with my son than getting it five days early.)