Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in China Protest Price Drops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Will be interesting to see if they give in and give these owners some credits for charging or partial refunds. I’ll protest for a few grand and some charging credits 😂.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr and bobbyjae

Will be interesting to see if they give in and give these owners some credits for charging or partial refunds. I’ll protest for a few grand and some charging credits 😂.
Wow.. I would be unhappy too but we all know Tesla won't give a dime back! Not should they just because a price changes.

Also, this is the company that prioritize customer order who paid more money over customers who ordered earlier. Good Luck getting a cent out of them.

So... when Tesla raises prices do they demand extra payments from cars that they delivered before the price rise?

So, to analyze this situation... Tesla isn't thought of as a typical car company by their fans. In the past, Tesla has notified the public when they are expecting to raise prices. Sure, it's an attempt to drive up purchases through fear of missing out, but some saw it as a transparent way of making price changes. The reality is that there was a substantial price decrease very soon after these customers picked up their car, a car they probably have been waiting months to arrive.

I suspect the negative feelings and bad press will ultimately hurt Tesla in China more than if they just bit the bullet and made some goodwill concessions towards the owners.