Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA OWNERS MEET near MARKHAM & RICHMOND HILL area (HWY 404 & Major Mack)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
talk with other owners who have done some real long distance driving

Nice to meet you last night. When we were talking I mistakenly stated that we drove Buffalo to Albany, but on second review (of my own TMC blog/thread LOL) we stopped in Syracuse for a (relatively) short stop to top up to 80% half way to Albany.

Here's the trip blog:
Toronto to New York city - trip planning

At speed limit +10mph our S85 was consuming "rated miles" (I switched to imperial when we crossed the border) at a rate of 130% compared to the "rated miles" estimate on the dash.
Meaning, if it was 100 miles to the next supercharger, we used 130 "rated miles" to get there.

The trip planner worked really well for the majority of the trip, but did had some faults (like once telling us to go back to the supercharger we just came from!).
Note however that the energy graph "trip" tab was excellent and spot on, if it said we'd arrive with 15% battery remaining, I was able to mediate our speed to stay "on the line" so that we did indeed arrive at the next stop with that level of battery.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider me "Tentative". I work in the Waterloo Region and live in the west GTA, so it will be a bit of a hike for me.

Thanks for staying late and walking my wife and I through the winter tire details, it really helps, as that is one area of consideration we need to get settled in the next month to ensure whatever we order arrives in time.

We really liked the look of the 19" Rials you have on the car, they are a great match for the turbines, it was good to see them in person!

Thanks to those who setup the event. It was nice to see such a range of new, and less new cars and meet all of you. Can't wait for the next one.

Hey, that's me: "Less new". I should change my forum name as that describes both me and my car! :biggrin: Seriously, though it was a nice turnout and a nice visit.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for staying late and walking my wife and I through the winter tire details, it really helps, as that is one area of consideration we need to get settled in the next month to ensure whatever we order arrives in time.

We really liked the look of the 19" Rials you have on the car, they are a great match for the turbines, it was good to see them in person!

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that, but winter tires, particularly "in demand" ones can sell out for the season quickly. I went in to Kal Tire probably around this time in 2013 and offered to put a deposit down, but the guy said, don't worry... we can get the tires at any time. When I went back in early November it was a different story, They did work very hard to find a set for me. Apparently a shipment was en route from Finland to BC and he was able to arrange to get a set shipped from BC to Ontario. I had them installed in mid-December that year, and while the car was on the hoist, the first snowstorm of the season was just starting to rage outside the window.

I just took a peek at the Tire Rack site and see that they have a variation of this wheel that accepts the Tesla center cap.

I am very pleased with the Nokian Hakka R2 tires and had two opportunities to compare them back-to-back with the Tesla Pirelli package on loaner cars (had loaners on two separate snowstorm days just by coincidence). The favorable difference with the Nokians was very noticeable to me.

Thanks everyone for coming out.
pretty good turnout yesterday. 8 teslas!

Vic

image.jpg

Thanks guys for setting this up. It was really helpful to hear about the long distance trips and from those of you who have had paint protection work. But mostly it was just fun to meet everyone, especially the famous bloggers :) - like not so old mknox.

I look forward to the next one - even if I have to drive north of Sheppard to get there. (The sacrifices!)