Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla parts/repair - 3 weeks and crickets...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my buddy who’s 3 got hit is still waiting for Tesla to give him an ETA on when parts will be shipped. It’s been almost 4 weeks so far since his car went into the Tesla-authorized body shop in SoCal. This is pretty painful to see, since once they get the parts, it will still be 3-4 weeks for repairs/paint to be completed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is there a contact at Tesla to escalate this case to? Seems crazy to think that a car is just sitting there for months, depreciating, just because Tesla hasn’t shipped parts etc.

Assuming you a referring to the Pomona Body shop? I have my car there also so I will be watching this thread closely. They told me parts were ordered and once they arrive, it would be 2 weeks to repair. It never dawned on me it could be 6 months to get the actual parts......

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Assuming you a referring to the Pomona Body shop? I have my car there also so I will be watching this thread closely. They told me parts were ordered and once they arrive, it would be 2 weeks to repair. It never dawned on me it could be 6 months to get the actual parts......
Not the Pomona shop but one in LA that’s Tesla-authorized. Apparently they have 50-60 Tesla’s there waiting for parts...

Seems like a huge gaping hole in their supply chain. If I had known that getting parts would take this long, I probably would have held off buying a car and recommended others do the same. My buddy has had an ICE rental car now for a month and it looks like it could be another 1-2 months at least before he has his Model 3 back. Funny thing is there was no mechanical damage to the power train - it’s all cosmetic (bumper, hood, etc). I can only imagine how much longer the wait would be if he needed a new motor or battery pack...

• Informative
I've been waiting over 2 months for new seats covers. back ordered, really not much I can do but wait.
Seat covers are accessories. I’m talking about car parts as in the bumper, hood, windshield etc.

Tesla service and customer service are literally the worst I’ve seen of any auto or tech company.

I’ve given up on my own smaller customer service issues because it’s just not worth the headache. That’s the main reason I’m not recommending Tesla to anyone at the moment. My buddy has his car in the shop and it might be there for a few MONTHS because Tesla can’t get him his parts. A family member of mine got her Lexus suv into a moderate fender bender. Car was totally repaired in 3 weeks. Tesla has better tech but is massively behind in the customer support.

• Helpful
Reactions: moltenfire
It’s been almost 4 weeks so far since his car went into the Tesla-authorized body shop in SoCal.
When you take your Tesla in to a Tesla shop for repairs, do they at least give you a free Tesla loaner (perhaps a ludicrous mode one)?
I know you it’s annoying not having YOUR car, but it’s gotta suck a little less still driving a Tesla? (Better than what most body shops or insurances give you for loaners)

Tesla has found that in MANY cases body shops have not even ordered parts for cars in their repair queue, but have instead used Tesla as an excuse for their internal backlogs. Thus, Tesla is now creating their own body shops.

Recommend you use the "Escalate" function on your friend's Tesla account, and/or have the vehicle towed to a Tesla-owned body shop/repair facility . . . .

Reactions: electrictorque
Seat covers are accessories. I’m talking about car parts as in the bumper, hood, windshield etc.

Tesla service and customer service are literally the worst I’ve seen of any auto or tech company.

I’ve given up on my own smaller customer service issues because it’s just not worth the headache. That’s the main reason I’m not recommending Tesla to anyone at the moment. My buddy has his car in the shop and it might be there for a few MONTHS because Tesla can’t get him his parts. A family member of mine got her Lexus suv into a moderate fender bender. Car was totally repaired in 3 weeks. Tesla has better tech but is massively behind in the customer support.

He may mean the actual seat covers not accessories that go over the seats to protect them.

When you take your Tesla in to a Tesla shop for repairs, do they at least give you a free Tesla loaner (perhaps a ludicrous mode one)?
I know you it’s annoying not having YOUR car, but it’s gotta suck a little less still driving a Tesla? (Better than what most body shops or insurances give you for loaners)
Only if it’s for regular service work not if it’s for accident/insurance repair. That’s dependent on what insurance coverage you have and usually it’s just an Enterprise/Avis etc rental car.

Tesla has found that in MANY cases body shops have not even ordered parts for cars in their repair queue, but have instead used Tesla as an excuse for their internal backlogs. Thus, Tesla is now creating their own body shops.

Recommend you use the "Escalate" function on your friend's Tesla account, and/or have the vehicle towed to a Tesla-owned body shop/repair facility . . . .
He got a copy of the order sent to Tesla about 3 days after he took his car in.

haha my tesla needs a new bumper and fenders, 2 months into receiving car. 45 days in now at the pomona shop and still no word on anything except your parts arrived last week and we will get started. At least they gave me Model S 75d loaner but everyones right. Customer service and speed sucks at tesla.
Well at least it seems even Tesla’s own body shop is still seeing 30+ days for parts to be received.

So much for Musk: Tesla Targets Hour Turnaround Time For In-House Collision Repair from Sept 2018. But given it's coming from Elon... it's going to be on Elon time and Elon reality. (I was pretty skeptical back then.)
That's a classic!

Ages well with: "Our policy for service loaners is that the service loaner fleet will be the very best version of a Tesla that is available” said Musk during the Q1 earnings call today. “If you have a Model X that comes in for service, the service loaner you will get will be the absolute fully loaded state-of-the-art P100D Ludicrous … Model X that we have. Same for Model S." -- Tesla service center loaners will all be P100Ds with Ludicrous, says Musk