Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Powerwall 2, Gateway 2, Wall Connector Gen 3, and Solar Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the wraps will just melt off!

I hope not. Eventually, I was thinking about wrapping them in the Tesla red so they look closer to yours.

Fun fact, a lot of Tesla Solar vans with the white and red color scheme are Solar City green under the wrap. And if that wrap does not peel off doing 80 down the highway in 100+ weather, it should do fine in my garage doing 0.0 mph

Last edited:
I hope not. Eventually, I was thinking about wrapping them in the Tesla red so they look closer to yours.

Fun fact, a lot of Tesla Solar vans with the white and red color scheme are Solar City green under the wrap. And if that wrap does not peel off doing 80 down the highway in 100+ weather, it should do fine in my garage doing 0.0 mph

I was thinking of changing the color of each of the "TESLA" on my Powerwalls so that it would look like an Andy Warhol art piece! haha!

The reason you haven’t seen an install like that is because it’s prohibited by Tesla. In the Powerwall 2 install manual it says that a Powerwall can be installed no more than 39.5” from the ground to the bottom of the unit. Since the Powerwalls themselves are more than 39.5” tall that means you can’t install them like that. Now, whether that will ever come back to bite the OP, I don’t know, but it is worth knowing that the install is not ‘legal’ according to Tesla. I would think the only time it might be an issue would be if warranty work needed to be done by Tesla.

The manual is available here:
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default..._2_AC_BU_NA-EN_Installation_Manual.pdf#page34

And the limitation is here:
View attachment 583392

The old installation manual allowed a 48" maximum height. With proper structural engineering, and an AC disconnect there are reasons to do this but its not ideal, though it can pass structural muster in some cases.