Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla price rises in the USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This doesn’t seem to have been reported here so far. You’d have to think it’s only a matter of time before these price rises flow through to Australia.

US has had something like 8 prices rises since 2020. Not all of those have been replicated locally.

But on a currency basis, particularly with the AUD dipping below 70c (it's now recovered a bit) the Au prices do look low.

I am sorry to say but we fed the mania
3 days and thousands sold. Who would not increase the price. Demand vs Supply right..

I'm not sure if that is satire 😄 but I doubt prices were increased in the USA because of a few thousand Ys sold in Australia 🤣

But I do apologise - I make that post and a few hours later Tesla Australia hikes the prices. I am deeply sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: Maximillan
Ouch! Hard to believe they have increased so much. The MY is now 16K more than when I bought it last July. I could not afford it at today's price.
Wish I bought 2 or 3 of them ;)
Not hard at all. Tesla is exploiting the market to maximize profits (just like lots of other businesses).-

Oil and natural gas prices are high and everybody thinks it's business as usual because everybody understands that it's priced according to supply and demand.
People are just not used to the current vehicle supply constraints, other than price gouging on specific popular models.

Reactions: maxkonji
I am sure that wasn’t the reason
But I think they saw the demand and thought why not put up price
Might slow orders, or might not
In any case good time to raise it
Blame it on inflation or maybe covid

I'm not sure if that is satire 😄 but I doubt prices were increased in the USA because of a few thousand Ys sold in Australia 🤣

But I do apologise - I make that post and a few hours later Tesla Australia hikes the prices. I am deeply sorry.