Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Qi charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am upgrading my wife’s iPhone to the 12.
Can anyone tell me if the Tesla upgrade kit for 125 bucks is worth it. We have a 6/17 x100d. Planning to keep. There is another solution that takes up front compartment, but she uses that for her giant water bottle.

I have a 2016 MX with an Apple I Phone charger option (I guess it was an option) that is in the compartment with the flip up lid behind the large front compartment with the sliding door. The phone basically stands up on the charger plug.
I am also upgrading from an Apple I phone 6S to a 12.

You guys seem to know something.

What am I facing with this new phone?

I have a fairly thin case on my iPhone XR and it works great with the Tesla Qi charger, My only issue is the charger doesn't want to stay in the "installed" position. Maybe I did something wrong during installation, but I'm constantly having to push it back into position.

I have a fairly thin case on my iPhone XR and it works great with the Tesla Qi charger, My only issue is the charger doesn't want to stay in the "installed" position. Maybe I did something wrong during installation, but I'm constantly having to push it back into position.

Most likely you did not align the tabs on each side with the slots on the center console. Those tabs are what hold the charge in place.
Pull up the charger, align the tabs with the slots then push it down. You should hear audible click and the charger should be secured now.

• Informative
Reactions: KentuckyX
I have the Tesla Qi charger and the iPhone 12 with the apple silicon MagSafe case and it works. It sometimes needs to be seated a few times. My old iPhone and case worked without any fuss. I think it is more of an issue with the case. It isn’t’ a big deal to reseat it but it was great when It just worked with old phone and case. I might try a new case in the future.

My 12 pro max with Apple silicon case doesn’t seem to get a consistent charge via the wireless charger. Sometimes it seems to charge and others times it doesn’t.

I have to use a Qi type plug for the lighter with a lightening cord as a back up.