Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla quality control may cost Tesla its lead in the EV market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. So we should just get used to dealing with garbage Tesla QC and service since they have no incentive to improve.

Don't you think that a "garbage" label is a bit harsh for the QC and SC? There are issues, granted, but I hardly think they qualify for an overall "garbage" label.

That said, however, it is the QC and SC issues that are keeping me out of the showroom. A trip to the nearest SC is about 400 miles round trip. I'm not up for hearing my wife question me why a very expensive new car needs frequent trip to the SC. I know there are some owners that have had no problems with the cars or the SC .... I just cannot understand the inconsistency.

I just cannot understand the inconsistency.

Why?

Same thing has been true of 'regular' car dealers forever...

"Don't go to the dealer downtown, they scratched up my paint while in the shop and left oil stains on the headliner"

"Don't go to the dealer out past the highway- I've had my car in there 3 times for a problem they keep saying they can't duplicate but happens to me every morning!"

"Oh, you should go to the dealer by the mall- they're awesome at fixing everything and have free snacks!"

It sometimes gets even more granular, like "Make sure if you go to dealer X to ask for Mike, he's the only one there who knows what he's doing..."

• Informative
Reactions: Stirfelt and JRP3