Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rear passenger window exploded.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

Six days ago, around lunchtime, my rear passenger window exploded. There was hardly any glass inside the car, the bulk of it being on the floor outside. See image. Obvioulsy no-one was in the car and the Ring doorbell, and my next door neighbours, shows nothing suspicious. Autoglass are fitting new glass on Friday, but windows shouldn't break like this so I popped into Tesla Guildford who didn't have much to say, other than contact Tesla UK. I did that and have heard nothing back. Any thoughts? Should I go back to my local Tesla and be firmer with them?
Cheers.
Tesla.jpg

Search and ye shall find:

The other thread linked to makes a suggestion that the change from a cooler underground carpark to a warmer air temperature (possibly with Air Con on) might have exacerbated any structural weakness in that particular piece of glass. However, that's unlikely to be a factor in Flightman's case. I know we had a bit of sunshine over the Easter break but it wasn't quite warm enough to go full shorts and flip flops!

@Flightman, if I were you I'd be leaning a bit harder on Tesla to give me some slack on this, though it would be more in hope than expectation. I'd just be glad my kids and wife weren't in the car at the time as that would have scared the cr*p out of them (and me!)