Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear passenger window exploded.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you had it only a week, and you have video evidence (especially the interior cam), then I think your chances of a warranty approval are higher.
Hopefully it go through warranty cover but the whole glass was removed by the 3rd party auto glass as it wasn’t safe as it just crumbled away, So nothing left for them to inspect .
Unfortunately there no interior cam video captured from sentry mode as nothing was trigged
But I will check again just in case I miss it

Hopefully it go through warranty cover but the whole glass was removed by the 3rd party auto glass as it wasn’t safe as it just crumbled away, So nothing left for them to inspect .

You could show Tesla your photographs and see what they say. Also, I don't know how insurance works in the UK but over here in the states, our insurance policies include glass coverage that pays for glass damage caused by natural or other causes. A police report may be required for a claim if you reasonably believe that the damage was caused by person or persons unknown.

How does a regulator expode? Ws it methane powered?

Yes, those window regulators are the only thing in a Tesla powered by internal combustion. It pulls it's methane from inside the cabin.

Lol has the definition of “explode” changed recently?

Highly likely actually. The definition of a lot of things in this world have changed recently.

• Funny
Reactions: Lindenwood
Hello
My rear windscreen seemed to had same issue it exploded for no reason. The whole glass pane is shattered.
Further inspection from autoglass they suggested potentially the heating instrument caused this fault
Tesla have not admitted fault in product only given me an estimate of replacement which is frustrating not sure what to do
I'll just add, that in the 5yrs I've been in this forum, your glass damage is pretty unique. I'm not in the Model S or X or Y forums, but in the Model 3 forums, I haven't seen any spontaneous glass breakage like that. Stress cracks from bad installations, yes; but that's nothing like a stress crack. That's impact damage.

Tesla~2.jpg