TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Rear Winter Mat Not Perfect Fit

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tsarlsy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

The rear winter mat I bought from Tesla doesn't fit perfectly. Is this normal (bad design) or did I get a defective one?

1e783d11c2b9a8110f89dacda9f71c6e.jpg

1fbe887b2afe72fdc677252614997510.jpg

2. bredi

bredi Member

I have the same question! Does one need to cut the middle part that would hug the backside of the front center console? Was there a change in newer cars? What year is your car? mine is 2015 85d.

thanks!

3. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

I have a 2015 85D as well.

4. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    You guys both have Next Gen Seats right? I think that the railings of the seats are the problems.

I also have a 2015 85D but with gen 1.5 seating and they fit perfectly.

5. BertL

BertL Active Member

I have Next Gen seats in a 90D delivered 10-5-2015, along with Tesla All-Weather Mats. I don't have the problem the OP seems to, and if I captured the same location in my photo #1 below, you'll see my mat is a perfect fit. I would suggest owners with this combination of seats and mats must spend the extra effort to (force) fit the mat underneath both sets of rails (as suggested in the instructions that came with the rear mat) -- see my photo #2 below, otherwise the mats will deform as the front seats move back and forth.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

6. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

No, I have the improved normal seats that's came standard with the 85D. I do have to insert the front of the mat underneath the front seat railings.

7. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

Mine is inserted underneath the rail - but just barely. If I move it forward, there will be a gap at the rear part of the floor.

0ee687642dbeb7885d80617d7103ceb6.jpg

8. f-stop

f-stop Member

I have a new 70D delivered 2 weeks ago with Next Gen seats, and just received a new set of All-Weather mats from Telsa a couple days ago. Mine also fit nicely just as BertL mentions and pictures above. Following the written instructions in the box, I pushed the front edges of the rear mat under the front seat rails - it does take a bit of effort to push the edges under.