Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Refused to Fix Factory Defect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just remember people who have an issue are FAR more likely to post than the many who get good service. We have had our Model 3 for 47,000 miles and 30 months and are still very pleased with it. As an early VIN there were a few issues (glove box popping open, frunk not opening, and a charge port issue) all fixed promptly, easily and painlessly via a mobile Ranger. The charge port was even pointed out to me by the Ranger for which he made a separate trip to fix. So yes we had issues but the car is awesome, we have never been left with an unworkable car and service has been super easy.
So based on your experience can you tell me if I will have positive service experience? As far as mobile service, they are only limited to small jobs with least amount of time spent. They are meant to complete as many jobs as possible in a day. So if you have to visit service center you still need an alternate transportation. Some traditional dealers do not offer loaner either but they do offer same day service.

So based on your experience can you tell me if I will have positive service experience? As far as mobile service, they are only limited to small jobs with least amount of time spent. They are meant to complete as many jobs as possible in a day. So if you have to visit service center you still need an alternate transportation. Some traditional dealers do not offer loaner either but they do offer same day service.
I was fortunate to be given a loaner for the week they had my car in service. After my appointment I looked at the list of items and everything said awaiting parts. Only items fixed was spoiler was reattached and carpet in trunk was reattached. Two days later the carpet came unglued again and spoiler started to fall off again. Yes I love my Tesla it was a big purchase for me and I am shocked they are refusing to fix build issues.

Yes on the other side of those crappy welds the metal is raised and gives the effect of two raised pimples on the hood. I will post some pics of the hood it is impossible to see in direct sun light. However in any shadow it sticks out really bad.
That’s not good, I can’t tell anything from the first picture above, it’s good to put a circle around that area, also can you post a picture of the 2 dimples on the hood.

Thanks

Being 200 miles from the local service center I have not had to go there since picking up my Model 3. Maybe I am just a fortunate outlier, but mobile service has been great with the Model 3 as was it during the early days with my Roadster.

Being 200 miles from the local service center I have not had to go there since picking up my Model 3. Maybe I am just a fortunate outlier, but mobile service has been great with the Model 3 as was it during the early days with my Roadster.

There is a quality lottery that everyone plays (especially at EOQ). Also, everyone has a different quality acceptance level. Some might notice a misaligned door trim, while others would not (or not care).

Reactions: Reborn and raggedy
That’s not good, I can’t tell anything from the first picture above, it’s good to put a circle around that area, also can you post a picture of the 2 dimples on the hood.

Thanks
Hey sorry I was out of town and couldn’t take photos these are the protrusions. They are not dents they stick up and you can feel them if you rub your hand on the hood.

Attachments

• 461A10E1-F8BD-4AF2-B6E7-001A42B10BBB.jpeg
    461A10E1-F8BD-4AF2-B6E7-001A42B10BBB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
I am hearing so many bad stories about Tesla. Terrible issues that they refuse to fix....”within spec”. Bumpers falling off in rain - “act of God”.
Another thing that bothers me, it appears there is no recourse. A different SC is not an option, that’s a 120 mile drive one way (my “local” one is 40 miles one way). And I hear the don’t give loaners, just Uber credits. I don’t know anything about Uber, but even if it was viable, I certainly don’t want to be in a car with a stranger.
I would much rather have a real dealer. Great dealers have a vested interest in keeping you happy. And, you have a RSM to go to with any problems. Tesla, complain to an app or Twitter?
I keep postponing a new Tesla purchase hoping they get their act together. Maybe I can convince myself, “It’s the Software, Stupid!”

I agree that these are problems, but I disagree that dealers are better. There are lots of terrible dealers out there and there isn't always a nearby option from the same brand.

I'd suggest checking the reviews for your local service center. From the sounds of things here, there is a vast variance in quality with that that is actually pretty comparable to the variance between individual car dealers.