Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla refuses to pick up my car for repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i need advice please. The NE Tesla service advisor claims that Tesla does not and will not pick up my car for repairs. The 12v system is causing problems.

He claims that neither MT Kisco, Latham, Toronto, nor Pittsburgh will help me. I am a 10-12 hr round trip drive from either one.

Do I have to wait until the car totally stops, call mobile repair and have them pick up the car then? That would be ludicrous.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Does the car drive? I'm not sure anyone would tow a car in for service if its driving.

This was a major concern for me as well, since i'm over 6 hours away from the closest service center. I was told if its a brick they will pick it up, but you'd still have to somehow get to the service center and drive it back. So this means a rental car, possibly a hotel, and 12+ hours driving.

Hmm. Well, thats less than stellar. But unfortunately I think your choices are very limited.

They won't send out mobile service? It could be a PCS failure, which I assume they can diagnose very easily remotely and they'd want to do it in the service center. But if its just the 12V battery, its an easy swap they could do in a driveway. Then theres the possibility its nothing at all. But I suspect the 12V battery voltage is low if the car is saying it might stop. And yeah, thats not so hot.

i need advice please. The NE Tesla service advisor claims that Tesla does not and will not pick up my car for repairs. The 12v system is causing problems.

He claims that neither MT Kisco, Latham, Toronto, nor Pittsburgh will help me. I am a 10-12 hr round trip drive from either one.

Do I have to wait until the car totally stops, call mobile repair and have them pick up the car then? That would be ludicrous.

Usually for 12V battery replacement, when you book a Service Center, they'll send you a Mobile Service instead.

Tesla has its own policy. You can either work with those rules or try to negotiate for a better one.

And of course, its policy has been stricter as time passes.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Usually for 12V battery replacement, when you book a Service Center, they'll send you a Mobile Service instead.

Tesla has its own policy. You can either work with those rules or try to negotiate for a better one.

And of course, its policy has been stricter as time passes.
It’s not the battery but the HV control whatever that is. The ranger was here today and said it can only be fixed at a facility.