Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla buyback - Free supercharging, expires May 2026

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my MXP last May, I only did it to take advantage of the 3 years of free supercharging. With all of the FWD issues that has come up with unsuccessful repair attempts (5 to be exact, I’m in CA), Tesla has offered to buy the car back. I asked if I can transfer the free supercharging to another new Tesla that I am going to purchase. I’m being told that I cannot and that the FUSC transfer promo currently going on does not apply to my buyback due to it being time bound . I clearly stated that this is a request of transfer regardless of the current promo.

In short, has anyone been able to transfer a time bound free supercharging from a buyback to a new Tesla?

honestly, it sounds like you got a lemon, and you should take the buyback and be extremely happy. Supercharging saves most people only a few hundred dollars a year... let's say it saves you a thousand per year - you have FUSCx3years=$3k.. For sure, getting rid of that lemon will save you much more than $3k

Reactions: Ulmo
honestly, it sounds like you got a lemon, and you should take the buyback and be extremely happy. Supercharging saves most people only a few hundred dollars a year... let's say it saves you a thousand per year - you have FUSCx3years=$3k.. For sure, getting rid of that lemon will save you much more than $3k
I bought it last May and as of right now, I charged 7,225kwh. The average cost per kWh in the Bay Area, CA is roughly $0.40/kwh. Lemon or not, I’m losing 2 years of FUSC, something that was a deciding factor when I purchased the car. I did get a faulty vehicle, and Tesla buying it back is not a privilege nor is it a convenience for me.

However, I agree that getting rid of it now will save me a bunch of headaches down the road.