Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Rip Off- Full Self Driving

Is it fair Tesla is selling full self driving when it is nowhere near a reality?

• Yes

Votes: 106 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 180 64.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's why they ceased EAP, because it had all the features of FSD included for free. AP now does not include them, so you actually need to purchase FSD and at least get something for it now (summon, autopilot, self-park), rather than waiting for something nebulous in the future.
if I remember correctly, EAP was not free. In the UK it was something like £2,800 on top of basic cruise. The EAP/FSD vs AP/FSD change was discussed somewhat at the time of the change. There were a number of opinions on how it worked or didn't for customers and for Tesla.

I see improvements mentioned (FM direct tune, nav from phone, ignore toll roads and HOV lanes, speed limiter). This is certainly more than nothing. Also, I see a fair amount of "I hate the new UI" which you get no matter how you change the UI. Some people see to like the addition of games. The early bugs seem to have gotten fixed, and the camera on top issue resolved to most people's satisfaction. Also, some newer improvements seem to have gone in as well. I'm afraid I'm not seeing that V9 was a downgrade.

In any case, the complaint I responded to was just "some feature changed in V9 and that sucks", not MC1/AP1 was impacted in a particularly bad way. So I don't see that I needed to go research something irrelevant in order to respond.
You might not think browser not working anymore is impacting in a particularly bad way, some people do. Having to look all the way down of the screen while driving to perform functions previously available on top, and now not only way farther from the regular line of sight, but also buried under more levels of slower menus, again maybe a personal issue. So, personally, I used to use my browser, so v9 seems like a downgrade. I almost got into an accident while trying to peck at the tiny buttons on the bottom the screen in the right sequence in order to bring up the phone app, and then had to keep looking down because the phone app is also now only available at the bottom. Using the phone app is supposed to be safer than using the phone, well, not in a Tesla. Maybe those are not bad things to you, the way you use your car. If you don't use the browser you wouldn't miss it. I don't have pano, and it's no longer offered, so if all pano controls were to disappear from the next version, I wouldn't miss it, but I bet some people might.

V9 complaints are more than just about change. Every time software changed (I've been using it since v6), yes some people were not so crazy about it, but complaints dissipated fairly quick. I remember each time the new release came, I though, yea, this is worse but this other thing is better, and fairly quickly I would get used to the new software. I've had v9 for months now, still hate it every time I drive, even if for nothing else but to have to keep hiding the flippin media player which keeps popping up at every occasion, or whenever I try to use the browser, or raise suspension, or make a phone call.