Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster presentation in Berlin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

IGBT

Aug 9, 2008
In the VDI-NEWS, which is a german newspaper for engineers, is written, that Tesla will introduce his Roadster in Berlin on 13. August. As an student of electrical engineering I want to see the TESLA. Does somebody know where this presentation will take place??

greets

IGBT

I just read through the translation and it's a fairly thorough review. It gives the specs on the 1.5 version. Biggest change was the boost to 295lb-ft of torque from 211lb-ft. The other specs basically didn't change much.
It lists the price as 117,810 euros, which is175,896.20 usd. That's a little higher than the original 99,000 euros price they initially said it would be. If I read it correctly this article is still referring to the 250 2009 Signature Edition EU-spec Tesla roadsters.

The article still pegs the battery pack cost at $20k, so I suppose the lower number we heard before is probably less accurate.

It lists the price as 117,810 euros, which is175,896.20 usd. That's a little higher than the original 99,000 euros price they initially said it would be. If I read it correctly this article is still referring to the 250 2009 Signature Edition EU-spec Tesla roadsters.

This price sounds just right considering that Tesla uses the american convention of listing prices without taxes while most European countries have to or usually lists including most taxes. Especially the 18% VAT in germany.

Cobos

That 300+ sounds more like torque than horsepower. On the Tesla blog about drivetrain 1.5, Straubel said,

"it [the new powertrain] will not have a significantly higher peak power output and it will not have a higher peak battery current draw."

However, he does say,

"the 1.5 powertrain will have an extra ~33% [torque] from the motor"

This would make the torque in powertrain 1.5 closer to that 300+ number. Then again, I could just be wrong.