Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Sport vs. Tesla Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- 0 to 60 MPH in 3.7 seconds vs. 4.4 seconds
- range 245 miles vs. 300 miles
- motor air cooled vs. liquid cooled
- 129.000 $ vs. 79.900 $
- equal top speed
- battery warranty 3 years vs. 8 years
- 2 seats vs. 5+2 seats

Not to state the greater interior dimensions, better brakes, storage space, increased comfort etc. etc. for the Model S.

Why should anyone keep their Roadster?

Ferrari 458 vs Ferrari FF - enuf said

- 0 to 60 MPH in 3.7 seconds vs. 4.4 seconds
- range 245 miles vs. 300 miles
- motor air cooled vs. liquid cooled
- 129.000 $ vs. 79.900 $
- equal top speed
- battery warranty 3 years vs. 8 years
- 2 seats vs. 5+2 seats

Not to state the greater interior dimensions, better brakes, storage space, increased comfort etc. etc. for the Model S.

Why should anyone keep their Roadster?

Zack you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I like smaller, more responsive cars. I almost wanted to cancel our S reservation when I saw how big it was. I didn't want to wait. And we need both in our family. Can't wait to be all electric with our cars.

Because it's very small and sexy, and it's quicker. But I agree that both are necessary. The best electric cars on the planet.

Oh yeah, and you can't buy a Model S. You have to wait.

Last edited:
Is there any place that has a side-by-side spec comparison of the Roadster vs the S? (height, weight, clearance, etc)

Edit: Finally found the specs on the site (the S are kind of hidden), but couldn't find a side by side.

Last edited:
Buy a Roadster today, then shift your Model S reservation to the SSL or R list for faster delivery!

Is Tesla still doing that?

I did it back in May of this year. I'm currently the last "R" Reservation holder in the US, at R270. So, with all the hundreds of Roadsters sold, not one of them also put down a reservation for a Model S? Makes me think the Roadster Friends & Family promotion has ended.

Is Tesla still doing that?

I did it back in May of this year. I'm currently the last "R" Reservation holder in the US, at R270. So, with all the hundreds of Roadsters sold, not one of them also put down a reservation for a Model S? Makes me think the Roadster Friends & Family promotion has ended.

I had R266 back in May, but "upgraded" to a Sig at the October event and received SSL183 instead. Guessing they never compacted the "R" list.