Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Robotaxi (Gen 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon advised that gen 3 is referred to internally as the robotaxi. I think non FSD believers might need to brace themselves that this vehicle may never have a steering wheel. The cheaper compact car for China etc. was supposed to be designed in China which hasn't happened so far. I don't want you all to worry about it though cause I am usually wrong about this stuff.

Another crazy thought, could the main offering in fact be the Cybervan; minibus version? Might be more suitable for:
gettyimages-474927869.jp2

and:
Potholeee.jpg
Another reason, because they refer to gen 3 as the robotaxi, I don't see them compromising the design for a steering wheel etc. Also, 5 doors should be cut to two or possibly even one door.

This is so much incredible, as stunning and beautiful as it sounds won’t this affect some of this low income earners, I’m just saying. But looking at the time frame i believe measures will be put in place for this low income citizens. I’m just saying

Quoting my own post here:- Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

I can see a lot of good reasons why the Robotaxi would be a 2 seater:-
  • A high percentage of trips would be for 1-2 people.
  • Larger groups could travel in multiple Robotaxi and could communicate via video conference.
  • Customers will always have the option of booking another Tesla model.
  • The 2 seat configuration allows a narrower frontal area which means less drag.
  • if a Robotaxi uses a 10% smaller battery and is 15% cheaper than the 25K cat, that is a win.
In summary, a compact 2-seater is likely to be the cheapest car Tesla can ever make, which uses the least amount of raw materials and more importantly battery cells.

The compact size probably helps with other issues, like parking, cleaning or travelling in Boring tunnels.