Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla route planner - add specific supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Would appreciate some help on this query as my M3 RWD is arriving on Friday and I have a long drive to do that evening!

I am wondering if/ how I can add a specific supercharger to my route planner in-car such that the battery is preconditioned on route to it for faster charging? I am driving from Manchester to Norwich so I believe I would have the range without it, but would like to stop at the Kings Lynn supercharger and get a good amount of charge in for local driving!

Thank you in advance, appreciate the help!

If you tell the navigation system to take you to a supercharger, it'll start preconditioning at the right time for it to be ready to charge when you get there.
Ah great, so if I route to a supercharger the system does presume that I am going there to charge, rather than just as a destination? Thanks again, that sounds good - I guess I can just add it as a stop to the journey planner in that case!

Upvote 0
The Tesla Nav system is pretty intelligent. If you route to your final destination, the car will tell you which Supercharger(s) it thinks you need to stop at. If you want to stop at a different Supercharger - maybe you want to be a bit more conservative than the car thinks is necessary, for instance - just select it and the car will re-route to that (preconditioning as needed, in either case). Easy peasy.

Welcome to the forum. And congrats on the imminent arrival!

Upvote 0