Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle Calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 Model S Driver door pops open when the handle presents. I assume that the handle is presenitng too far. How does one cabrate the handle? Thanks.
You have to physically remove the handle assembly and adjust the microswitches. It's a very tedious operation. I would just have service replace the door handle with a current updated version. It costs $300.

Reactions: Marcira
Upvote 0
You have to physically remove the handle assembly and adjust the microswitches. It's a very tedious operation. I would just have service replace the door handle with a current updated version. It costs $300.

Marcira

This may be the case.
But you could at least try this first:
- Remove the inside door panel (a few screws and then just clips, watch a few YouTube videos).
- There is a screw on the inside of the door handle assembly that can be reached without removing it (may have to remove the protective cover though) that will adjust how far the handle presents (again watch the videos).
(It may be easier to cut a slit in the cover vs removing it because it's glued and will be nearly impossible to put back on correctly without taking the whole thing out.)
This may or may not be a fix for you, but it's a cheap try before taking to a SC.

I've done a repair on one of my handle assemblies to replace a broken actuator paddle and GHammer is right. Removing the whole assembly is a pain. The top screw is a nightmare. Not to reach and remove the nut, but to get the assembly off that screw, and then back on. Poor design has it basically pinned against a support beam in our '15 MS's.
So it'll depend on your DIY comfort level.

Reactions: Marcira
Upvote 0