Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S HW 2.0 upgrade schedule for FSD paid option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am not aware of any available listing. You have MCU1 and i do not believe Tesla has concluded their testing of the HW3 upgrade for MCU1 cars unless you purchase the $2500 upgrade of MCU1 to MCU2 which will also give you a ' move to the front of the line ticket'.

It depends. If you are interested in the $2500 MCU2 upgrade then it seems they will start sending out HW3 + MCU2 upgrades at the end of March. I will use this offer since I just bought my car and plan to keep it.

If you do not want to upgrade the MCU then it’s still unclear when they will start HW3 upgrade but it seems logical that it should happen sometime this spring or early summer.

The upgrade MCU will also provide “enhanced visualization” for the instrument cluster. Keeping the old MCU you will get less visualization for the FSD. It’s not clear how the SW will handle MCU1 + HW3 yet. I’m sure Tesla will provide more details around the time they start to install this option.

Basically every car Tesla made before ~2019 is subject to the Takata recall.
Per the recall, it is only Model S cars built through 2016, not 2019. Specifically says:

Is my Roadster, Model X, or Model 3 part of this recall? What about my 2017, 2018, or 2019 Model S?
No. Model S vehicles that were produced after mid-December 2016, and all Roadster, Model X and Model 3 vehicles are not affected by the recall. These vehicles do not have the type of airbag inflator that is subject to the recall. The recall will not affect any vehicles currently being produced.

Do you have some other source that says the recall runs past 2016?

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd