Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 'Salvage/Rebuilt' title dissapointment!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Salvage vehicles get no Dealer Warrenty unless the Warrenty is sold externally at the point of sale . If your a good fixer I still believe these are good deals and would take the chance salvage title means nothing to me .

I’ve created one hell of an online presence and Tesla is definitely listening. They have actually taken action on a video about prior salvage safety that I made last week.

I’m slowly moving the needle in the right direction and Tesla is changing a few things here and there when it comes to prior salvage cars (however these things may not have propagated to all service centers as yet). I mentioned Tesla disabling autopilot for a rebuilt car and their recert fees in my last video and I have plenty of more stories of Tesla’s odd and borderline shady practices to share, but their ears have definitely peeled up.

I’ve been super busy with my raggedy YouTube channel so if you want to chat just pm me and I’ll get the notification as I don’t come here much.

P.S. I’ve never set foot in a service center besides to try to pay Elon musk 3$ for my supercharger idling fees. The car is off the grid and I see no benefit to recertification as I can service the car myself (including battery and motor)

All the best!
Dude I’ll happily chime in on your yt with all my fun times with Tesla if you want. Most I ever got from them was lug nuts after the 12v battery fiasco and rooting due to mcu failure. But you know the rest I’m sure lol

Afternoon, I just want to add to this post that they are several companies that will warranty a salvage Tesla. So no one has to go without a warranty. Also, once the car is re certified by tesla the warranty is not reinstated what is reinstated is that Tesla has to stand by the work if something breaks after a recert it should be covered because it should not wear in any reasonable timeframe after the recert is completed. That why it cost so much to do it. I Beleive the reason they repaired his car was because the recertification means now it is covered for the parts that were checked. If not then the whole purpose and price wouod not make sense to have it inspected.
Hi Bnelms25, who do you recommend for a third party warranty on a Tesla with a salvage/rebuilt title. Thinking of buying a savage 2018 type S 75d with 22k miles - was in a minor fender bender. Tesla confirmed the manufacturer’s warranty is entirely void. So far I’ve found Route 66 and Car Shield..I’m in TX btw. Feel free to PM if easier. Thanks