Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC confirmed Tyco road, Tyson's corner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey which email did you send to? I live less than a mile away and didn't get an invite either., hmmmm you would think they would use a radius map for inviting folks.

I used the [email protected] from the "Contact Us" page of Tesla's website. I know it's a generic mailbox but, I don't have another.

If someone here has an inside contact for Tesla, I'd love it.

And, I'm in the same boat. I'm in the Kings Park area of North Springfield so, the Tyco Road SC is like 10 minutes from my house.

I used the [email protected] from the "Contact Us" page of Tesla's website. I know it's a generic mailbox but, I don't have another.

If someone here has an inside contact for Tesla, I'd love it.

And, I'm in the same boat. I'm in the Kings Park area of North Springfield so, the Tyco Road SC is like 10 minutes from my house.

I received a response pretty quickly, they said that I wasn't subscribed to promotions on my profile and that I have been subscribed, I should receive the email in the next day or so. I would have expected this to be more of an outreach program than a generic subscription.

So, I ended up just getting impatient and calling the 1-888 number. I kept calling it an "event" and the guy on the phone kept calling it a "test drive" but, whatever. I'm registered (and went and scheduled a test drive of a P85D while I'm there...what the heck. Why not?)

I may try to drive by there today. I'm curious if there are any signs of a super charger.

Now that's an interesting question. I recall from the designs submitted to Fairfax County (they are shown in the staff report, which I think I linked to earlier in this thread), that there were no supercharger locations shown anywhere. I assume such an installation would have been noted somewhere given the need for a large electrical structure, charging bays, etc. Thus, I expect that Wall Connectors may be as good as it gets.

It's Sunday 8th. Not Saturday.
its fri/sat/sun, i reserved my spot for saturday. is there a separate event i dont know of?

edit: just read further back, looks like theres an opening party on sunday? seems odd they would have a test drive event there prior to the opening on sunday.

edit 2: the event i received an email for, i thought this was what everyone was discussing....

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 1.08.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Yeah, when I called the main Tesla number, they didn't seem to know much about the "Sunday morning event", but they were all about booking me a time for a test drive sometime that weekend.

Even though it's one company, it does seem quite a bit like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I ended up being able to book a test drive shortly after the Sunday morning event wraps up so, I'll be there anyway.