Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla-screen Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just completed my first revision of the queuing system for superchargers. are there any volunteers that would like to try to use it?
Not to burst any bubbles but how will your "queing system" manage cars that aren't using your site? If someone using your site shows up and it says they are #1, what about all the cars that are already in line? Does your system require a user to enter in cars that are currently in line? If so, how are they added to the queue? By driver description? Car model/color? VIN? License plate? Who is allowed to maintain the queue? What happens if someone gives up and leaves? Who removes that car from the queue? What's to prevent someone else from removing other cars from the queue in order to move up in the line?

Someone tried something similar years ago, before Tesla released their live Supercharger status. It allowed people to report how many Superchargers were in use and to check in, but it was worthless because it had such a small number of users. I think a Tesla developed solution would work because it could be enforced. With your homemade sysmte, there would be no way to enforce the queue. Tesla's system could prevent cars from charging until it was actually their turn but your system wouldn't have any enforcement powers.

Not to burst any bubbles but how will your "queing system" manage cars that aren't using your site? If someone using your site shows up and it says they are #1, what about all the cars that are already in line? Does your system require a user to enter in cars that are currently in line? If so, how are they added to the queue? By driver description? Car model/color? VIN? License plate? Who is allowed to maintain the queue? What happens if someone gives up and leaves? Who removes that car from the queue? What's to prevent someone else from removing other cars from the queue in order to move up in the line?

Someone tried something similar years ago, before Tesla released their live Supercharger status. It allowed people to report how many Superchargers were in use and to check in, but it was worthless because it had such a small number of users. I think a Tesla developed solution would work because it could be enforced. With your homemade sysmte, there would be no way to enforce the queue. Tesla's system could prevent cars from charging until it was actually their turn but your system wouldn't have any enforcement powers.
Adoption is the biggest challenge. To answer your questions, yes, it works with vehicles that are using it. Possibly, we could place signs at impacted chargers asking drivers to utilize the system and keep it as easy as possible.
Regarding the specifics, the queue is populated by pressing a button that says you want to be in the queue. Limited information such as your vehicle model, color and wheels are shared with all users to help each other identify one another.
If you leave the area (500ft radius), you are removed from the queue. If you start charging, you are removed from the queue. You can only access your own queue request, no one else can remove it or add a request for a vehicle they don't have there.

Annotation 2019-05-28 122829.png
There is currently a simple description on the login page. Basically, it runs in your car's web browser and give you direct access to controls like rear seat heaters, exact charging amount, and displays things like interior temp & outdoor weather (windspeed, temp & visibility). There are 9 cards in total.
Also, I'm about to release a queue system for cars waiting for superchargers that will easily allow drivers to determine who is next.

am i somehow missing a card? I only show 8 cards

Yes, stocks are missing in yours - that is strange... If you reload it, it won't show?

Strange - I just tried and it is working now. (never has in the past on the tesla or standard browser that I used for testing)

Also I would be willing to test your queuing system for superchargers. Unfortunately I just finished a few thousand mile trip that would have been perfect. Next time I plan to supercharge will be this weekend coming up.

I am very curious about this, but alarm bells go off when a site asks me for credentials/token to access my car info without being clear what the site does. It would be helpful if you recorded a simple walkthrough demo on YouTube and linked it on your homepage.

I am sure you are on the up and up, but security is a critical thing and confidence in using your site would help usage I bet.

I am very curious about this, but alarm bells go off when a site asks me for credentials/token to access my car info without being clear what the site does. It would be helpful if you recorded a simple walkthrough demo on YouTube and linked it on your homepage.

I am sure you are on the up and up, but security is a critical thing and confidence in using your site would help usage I bet.
Yeah, I get it. You can use an API token and bypass entering your credentials. I've just added a link to the login page that allows you to do that without compromising your security.

The link takes you to a hosted form that posts directly to tesamotors.com and allows you to extract an API key that you can use for these types of applications.
Generate a Tesla API Token

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: whatthe2
Entering my token is a better approach, but it still is giving a 3rd party access to interact with my car, just that it is time limited on the token expiration.

Just give examples of what your service does and how it uses my car data, how you store the tokens securely, etc.

Similar to how teslafi does Security - TeslaFi.com

I like what you've done. Can you share the API calls you're using to play with the rear heated seats? I'm not able to find anything out there...

I'm building a Postman routine to automate the defrost of the car in the morning and I'd like to add the heated seats as well, optimizing the comfort when facing cold winter mornings!

Thanks