Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Semi Round Trip Efficiency is 95% on Mountain Passes (Napkin Physics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is more, and this is so insane that I am still looking for the flaw :)

Based on the 500 mile energy graph, the Semi regen efficiency is insane. Roundtrip efficiency is ~95%, and one way is ~97%. Battery size is 900kWh based on the Grapevine part.

Some fine print. This is for ascending/descending. It may be different for acceleration/deceleration. Or not. It also depends on how heavy that truck really was for the 500 mile run. And the battery size (that calculation also depends on the weight on the 500 mile run).

Related: my google maps URL with waypoints I created a few days back: G maps of route w/waypoints
I only put two waypoints, and then the routing did something reasonable.
If I click on your link above I get a few extra back and forth, including one at the grapevine and a detour in Los Banos. Maybe a weird Google mapping thing.

1670738242475.png

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I only put two waypoints, and then the routing did something reasonable.
If I click on your link above I get a few extra back and forth, including one at the grapevine and a detour in Los Banos. Maybe a weird Google mapping thing.

View attachment 883671
I see what you mean. I think it is because when you just give Google Maps a town/city instead of an address it picks a lat/long which may not easily be accessible from the highway traveling a particular direction. If I pick that Shell station (9069 Grapevine Rd W, Lebec, CA 93243) then it is more 'normal'.

RPnJsW9.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200