Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sending me a second UMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my PMY on May 11th, I had the option to BUY the UMC kit which I did. On Aug 25th I take delivery, and the UMC was in the car so I assumed that was the one I paid for.

Fast Forward to Monday, Oct 31st, I get a shipping notice from Tesla informing me they are sending a UMC kit and provided a tracking number. I wait a day and look at my Tesla Account and I see the UMC listed with an Order Date of May 11th and the word SHIPPED. Later that day the FedEx tracking updates and sure enough it's en route and will arrive tomorrow.

I call Tesla and the nice lady said they audited my account (I also received a $231 credit a week ago as they overcharged me for my license plate transfer when I took delivery, so I assume it was the same audit).

So where did the UMC come from that was in my car when I took delivery, the factory or Service Center stock? I know this was occurring when Tesla was revising the UMC rules so there was probably confusion. Guess I'll wait until I actually receive it and then figure out what to do with it. But it was interesting to know that they audited my purchase and found those two issues and addressed them in my favor.