Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service center is not as good as before

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I just want to post my recent experience with Tesla service center in Costa Mesa. I scheduled my service appointment almost a month ago because I kept hearing rattle noise in the back seat. I brought the car in today, we went on a test drive to recreate the noise, and we did hear it. However, my service adviser told me that there will be a $94 diagnosis fee. I was surprised because we never had any diagnosis fee before when we brought our car in. He said that they will waive the fee if they opened the car up and found out that it was a defective part and covered by the warranty, otherwise, total cost will be the fee plus whatever the labor costs.

To be honest, I heard of this "diagnosis fee" many time before when I had my Audi. I think that It's just a way those lame dealership service center trying to make money out of warranty repair, but I did not expect that from Tesla service center.

Hi everyone,

I just want to post my recent experience with Tesla service center in Costa Mesa. I scheduled my service appointment almost a month ago because I kept hearing rattle noise in the back seat. I brought the car in today, we went on a test drive to recreate the noise, and we did hear it. However, my service adviser told me that there will be a $94 diagnosis fee. I was surprised because we never had any diagnosis fee before when we brought our car in. He said that they will waive the fee if they opened the car up and found out that it was a defective part and covered by the warranty, otherwise, total cost will be the fee plus whatever the labor costs.

To be honest, I heard of this "diagnosis fee" many time before when I had my Audi. I think that It's just a way those lame dealership service center trying to make money out of warranty repair, but I did not expect that from Tesla service center.

You my another service center. Costa Mesa is probably Tesla busies service center in the world.

Also, have you thought about getting Tesla ranger to come by your home instead of taking it in?