Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service (Columbus, OH) is Excellent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JakeP

S P4996 ==> P02547
Apr 27, 2012
Bradfordwoods, PA
So I was on the list for new HPWC fuses, and received an email late Wednesday from Columbus Service that the fuses had arrived. Though I didn't need them urgently for my own purposes, I responded that a fellow TMC-er was making a trek on Friday from DC to Michigan, and was stopping at my place to use the 60A limited HPWC, as an improvement over 40A at a KOA. I asked if they could possibly get to me in time for his arrival, and was told that a Ranger could be there Friday morning.

Andrew arrived at 11:30, and we switched to the NEMA 14-50 while he upgraded us to the new horizontal fuses. We were charging at a full 80A in short order, shaving an hour off of the charge time for the traveling Tesla. For someone who has never seen a Supercharger, it is pretty exhilarating to see a mile per minute charge rate!

A very big thank you to Andrew, Doug, Dave and Danielle in Columbus for a tremendous turnaround, and for such a responsive attitude. The return trip charge will be even shorter, thanks to the new fuses!