Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service experience in USA

How good is Tesla service based on your direct experience in USA at the moment?

• Always when I have needed service, the experience has been good

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mixed service experience, but overall it has been good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor service is the downside of Tesla, but overall I still recommend Tesla

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I cannot recommend Tesla due to poor service

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Luckily I have not needed service

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving a Tesla for over 4 years, but I switched to BMW largely due to a very poor service experience. In the beginning of my Tesla ownership, the service was great, but in recent years it has declined to an unacceptable level.

Has Tesla's service improved since 2021?

Raleigh, NC service center is a horrible. Lies, misdiagnosis, and half-assed work. Other services centers are 3+ hours away so they are much less convenient.

However, Mobile service in the area is A++

If the was a true competitor I would recommend them over Tesla but there isn't another car company I feel that is even close overall in all aspects that Tesla offers (Buying experience, features, value, charging, technology, app) so I have to deal with the poor local service.

Throughout my life I have learned that the quality of service from any sort of service center is dependent on the employees you are dealing with.

My experience with Tesla service centers has been excellent. They have gone above and beyond with each visit. They listen and actually seem to care.

My only complaint with our Tesla experience, so far, is that our tires seem to be nail magnets!! I know that Tesla in any form cannot be responsible for my bad luck with nails (yea, there is a lot of construction going on in our part of town.) We barely have 9,000 miles on the car and we have already suffered three nails!

However, the Tesla service center has taken care of us and our car far better than I have ever experienced with any other service center.

No complaints here.

Reactions: Yelobird
Would like to point that my service experience has just gotten even better. For all of my 55 years of driving, I have always enjoyed doing my own service work. I can't stand being dependent. For ever car I have owned, I have bought the factory service manual. I have even performed many repairs that were under warranty, just because I want to do it. There were several recalls on our previous car that was performed by a dealership, and I subsequently reworked the recall, because the workmanship was below crude. Didn't even pass "shade tree mechanic" level.

Our most recent previous car's service manual was a very low resolution (barely legible), very large three volume set. The much better on-line version was a $500.00 per month subscription. When we got our Model Y, I notice the service manual cost was the same. No surprise.

Now, much to my delight, I see that Tesla is now providing the subscription to Tesla owners for FREE!!! (Tesla Service)

Best service option I have ever experienced!