Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Slacker Account Portable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems now that I can play my apple music the Model 3 so if Slacker not portable was thinking of canceling the tesla monthly service.
I think by "Tesla monthly service" you mean the $9.99/month Premium Connectivity, yes? That is required for all apps that need mobile data (also known as "connectivity features over cellular"), including Apple Music.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Seems now that I can play my apple music the Model 3 so if Slacker not portable was thinking of canceling the tesla monthly service.
If you cancel "the tesla monthly service" (premium connectivity) you will not be able to play apple music

Perhaps it would help to see what tesla says about premium connectivity:

Tesla Premium connectivity.JPG

To get video streaming, or music streaming, you must subscribe to premium connectivity, and in addition to that, a paid subscription to streaming services (like spotify or apple music) is required to access them. So, you need premium connectivity, and a paid apple music account or paid spotify account.

If you cancel the monthly service (premium connectivity and FSD are the only things tesla offers monthly, so you have to be talking about premium connectivity here) you wont be able to listen to your apple music even if you have a paid apple music account.

Slacker Premium (it's now called LiveOne) is $9.99 per month (USA) paid separately. This will give you your own login and password that you can use in your Tesla and any of your supported streaming devices.

I have mine billed through Apple and listen to it on my phone and in my car. I also pay the Tesla Premium Connectivity annually for $99. But now that Tesla is supporting Apple Music I might just move all my playlists to Apple Music and cancel the Slacker/LiveOne subscription.