Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla slashed prices by huge amount for all models, feel duped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vehicle prices change constantly nobody pays the same price for a brand new car it's just more noticeable because when Tesla changes its prices it makes front Page News

This is true. Not to mention each customer pays a different amount for the same vehicle at a given stealership. At least with Tesla your price isn't determined by the shoes you're wearing or the amount of time you spend haggling.

I feel for the OP. It's totally understandable that the OP feels burned. Who wouldn't?

These massive price drops seem a bit unwise and irresponsible, imho. Couldn't they have dribbled them out in smaller chunks over a longer time frame instead of just instituting one huge massive price drop?

What does that do to the "premium" Tesla branding? Does that make people hesitant to buy future Tesla products if they feel the pricing is untethered? Or maybe coldly rational calculations about hitting quarterly sales targets outweigh all these fuzzy things like consumer trust and premium branding. I guess we will find out.

These massive price drops seem a bit unwise and irresponsible,imho.
Couldn't they have dribbled them out in smaller chunks over a longer time frame instead of just instituting one huge massive price drop?

Tesla needs to sell cars and constantly adjusts cars price to optimise profit and minimise inventory.

You can see the difference with Lucid which fill up parking lots with band new cars at its Casa Grande, AZ factory.

l-jpg.966487

Reactions: DanCar
Tesla need to sell cars and constantly adjusts cars price to optimise profit and minimise inventory.
You can see the difference with Lucid which fill up parking lots with band new cars at its Casa Grande, AZ factory.

l-jpg.966487

I respectfully disagree. $1K up or down in any month is "dynamic pricing". $5K is a big price drop. When you get up towards $20K, it just untethers the vehicle from its price point. Such a large drop undermines the message that Tesla cars are premium and should be compared to cars in a certain price bracket.

On the other hand, I'm sure it will drive sales, so from a short term results perspective, it will help Tesla achieve its short term sales goals.

Reactions: mm9351
No complaint here. Energy cost only. .05, .282, or .846 per mile. Motorhome. Grand Cherokee, and M3rwd. Guess which applies to each.

If I really wanted, M3rwd could be near zero energy (have not gone out of range of free L2 charging, but we usually charge at home).

PGE is care ev tou which is slightly over .18 per kWh.

M3rwd with Lipo batts, so only charge concern is none, well maybe not draw too low. No worry about using the top 20%.

SC cost is about .10 per mile, so even SC is 1/3 of other car we use.

Of course, we buy and use vehicles until their EOL (or give to kids when we want something else).

I respectfully disagree. $1K up or down in any month is "dynamic pricing".
$5K is a big price drop. When you get up towards $20K, it just untethers the vehicle from its price point.
Such a large drop undermines the message that Tesla cars are premium and should be compared to cars in a certain price bracket.

On the other hand, I'm sure it will drive sales, so from a short term results perspective, it will help Tesla achieve its short term sales goals.

Well, in a price war situation, like in any kind of war, there will be some casualites, but the end result is what will matter.

As keeping high-end loyal customers happy, Tesla migh creates a new luxury and low volume division like the Cadillac/Genesis/Lexus...

Last edited: