Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a look at schedule charging with 2021.36.5.5 and Android
Tesla app schedule is showing enabled start charging at 12:00am

I have scheduled charging enabled on the car starting at 9:30pm
seems the app doesn't know what the car is doing

Sentry Mode Live Camera Access
You can now remotely view your car's surroundings when parked to confirm the safety of your environment before returning to your car.
Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla. To enable or disable tap Controls > Safety & Security.

Note: This feature requires iOS mobile app version 4.2.1 or higher, and Premium Connectivity.

---------------
looks like it might be iOS only for now :(
No sign of it in Teslafi or Teslascope yet
apparently with 2021.40 one could see previously recoded clips... so peer-to-peer connection with car, interesting.

I just had a look at schedule charging with 2021.36.5.5 and Android
Tesla app schedule is showing enabled start charging at 12:00am

I have scheduled charging enabled on the car starting at 9:30pm
seems the app doesn't know what the car is doing
well... release note says you can set it, it never said it will work according to what you set it at...
probably waiting for that update 2021.38 where Peer-to-Peer features added, so this could work flawlessly... same as Tesla wall charger schedule.

2021.36.5 .5 Tried vision perpendicular autopark today
A bit slow, works on both sides of rhe car did a good job overall
Reverses into the parking space
you beat me to it... glad to know it works...
I am almost at 480Km now, hardly using car as in auckland, but whenever using pushing limits for FSD and letting car do all monkey stuff when no marked lanes (before taking over every now and than)...
now one more feature to play with.

2021.36.5 .5 Tried vision perpendicular autopark today
A bit slow, works on both sides of rhe car did a good job overall
Reverses into the parking space
when vision based functions are good... worried about lack of radar based redundancy when it's fog or winter morning...
other day, I was starting the car in morning, it was parked roadside over night... all glass foggy, so cameras had limited vision - result, car was literally blind, even collision detection was not alerting me...

Do we get vision based parking ? ooh
Yep, Perpendicular parking only
FSD only I think

Autopark
Autopark now identifies perpendicular parking spots using painted markings and road edges

when vision based functions are good... worried about lack of radar based redundancy when it's fog or winter morning...
other day, I was starting the car in morning, it was parked roadside over night... all glass foggy, so cameras had limited vision - result, car was literally blind, even collision detection was not alerting me...
Well it looks like radar is not going to be used going forward
Even with radar my car will disable FSD when it's raining and revert to AP
I guess it doesn't trust the side/rear camera views in the rain
You prob wont be able to engage FSD if it decides it can't see

I think it also should reduce speed limit if visibility or weather is poor

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
Well it looks like radar is not going to be used going forward
Even with radar my car will disable FSD when it's raining and revert to AP
I guess it doesn't trust the side/rear camera views in the rain
You prob wont be able to engage FSD if it decides it can't see

I think it also should reduce speed limit if visibility or weather is poor
hmm... but low visibility is when I would like anti collision and other features, plus ACC kicking in... simply because driver is less reliable to avoid what they can't see.
My previous cars, I had luxury to enjoy that part with RADAR/LIDAR/SONAR over time and totally loved that I can depend on car when risk level is high.

Yet to see what happens when rain is heavy, and I am driving down expressway... or on streets...

As I always say, perfection doesn't exist, someone somewhere always make few wrong decisions to save few thousand dollars and mess up....

I'm pety sure you either have to have a FSD subscription or purchased FSD and have to have a qualifying safety score
To be granted access to the new FSD beta

If not...pretty good bargin for driving safely!

I'd be pissed if I'd paid cold hard cash for FSD and access was given to someone just for having a good safety score without them paying for the privilege. So would alot of other paying customers

• Love
Yes, but I still think you'd have to be a FSD paying customer plus approved safety score to be granted access
I don't think Tesla would be handing out the keys to the castle for free
But who knows, they have run FSD trials before ....never say never

Yes I'm not sure what you are asking?

You need to have bought or leased FSD to get access to it.

You then need to request the beta

Then you need to drive a minimum of 100 miles and get a high enough safety score

To be able to run the beta. As the beta improves the safety score will reduce and more people will get to be in the beta program.

At some point it will cease being beta and everyone who has bought it will have access to it.

They will absolutely not hand out FSD beta trials to people who dont currently own or pay for fsd. They may do this once its no longer beta but given you can just lease it for a month to try i doubt it.

• Informative