Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad the range is so bad I wouldn’t even care to use this now. I already thought it was a stretch on something like my model S with over 400 miles range (really it only goes maybe 270 on a charge) Range was my biggest motivation towards a cybertruck so now I’m debating canceling my reservation. Maybe next version will be more aligned with what I want haha. I could make it work but with my driving style this doesn’t make a lot of sense for me. Maybe I could swing it if I bought a Y and a CT haha but Tesla already took enough money from me. Plus I don’t have the space for a S, 3, Y, and CT or the need hahaha
I was hoping people would cancel. So I could move up faster. Lol
It wasn’t shocking to see Tesla not keep the advertised range. Since 4680 isn’t going like they had hoped. With the complaints on the MY 4680 from Giga. I’m a truck guy. So I will live with the less range. I never tow. I do like doing special projects. That I have used the Y for. By laying the seats down. I’m also an 80’s baby. So I’m a Back To The Future fan. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
IMG_4714.jpeg

Found the only Cybertruck in retail display in Texas at there new store in League City ;) thing looks epic in person!

View attachment 998843

Found the only Cybertruck in retail display in Texas at there new store in League City ;) thing looks epic in person!
It was in Cypress for a week. Then it went to League City for the Grand opening.
Beautiful and Amazing.
I can’t Wait!!!
My kids were like.
”Are we really getting one? YES!!!!”

Reactions: wiltoking
Tesla just messaged me. To schedule my PW expansion project. 2/5/2024
Wow that’s so far out. So much for the 2 week estimates after approval haha. 2 weeks should have been the hint it would be god knows when haha.

Also just saw this article about the Texas grid and while I’m happy I’m going into winter with two powerwalls after reading this I wish I already had my other two installed.

Link here to ABC13

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
I would definitely call. Before I go back to see the CyberTruck. To get a test ride. Or at least get inside. I have an RN113 reservation number. I procrastinated for 3 or 4 days. Then I placed my order in. After the CT unveiling event. Hopefully I can still get a CT by the end of next year. It would be great if i got it for summer. So I can take it on a Road trip to Florida. It might be 2025. The Tesla Way. 😆

I would definitely call. Before I go back to see the CyberTruck. To get a test ride. Or at least get inside. I have an RN113 reservation number. I procrastinated for 3 or 4 days. Then I placed my order in. After the CT unveiling event. Hopefully I can still get a CT by the end of next year. It would be great if i got it for summer. So I can take it on a Road trip to Florida. It might be 2025. The Tesla Way. 😆
I am so far down the reservation list numbers that the reservation calculator says I am 2.1 million in line hahaha. So if nothing else I can beg you for a test drive in 2025 and still have to wait haha.

• Funny
Amigo now just tell me that I have a commercial meter (3 phase) so I can't use their night free plan. It's been 2 months since my last billing. No head up, just suddenly after 2 months they switch me to a month-month plan with a huge bill.
I think it's a scam to get rid of solar users.

I am fighting with them now.
In the meantime, I may need to look around for another night free plan

Amigo now just tell me that I have a commercial meter (3 phase) so I can't use their night free plan. It's been 2 months since my last billing. No head up, just suddenly after 2 months they switch me to a month-month plan with a huge bill.

Just Energy. Use my referral 16A3166

I have a -$19 credit after 2 bills I can’t cash it in. But no bill.

Just Energy. Use my referral 16A3166

I have a -$19 credit after 2 bills I can’t cash it in. But no bill.
Aren't Just Energy the same as Amigo? They are from the same company?
Founded in 2003, Amigo Energy is an electric utility seller in Texas. Amigo Energy is a subsidiary of Just Energy, a multinational energy marketing conglomerate with over 1.8 million active customers across North America.[1]

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Aren't Just Energy the same as Amigo? They are from the same company?
Founded in 2003, Amigo Energy is an electric utility seller in Texas. Amigo Energy is a subsidiary of Just Energy, a multinational energy marketing conglomerate with over 1.8 million active customers across North America.[1]
Yes.
Try Tesla Electric. As many PW’s as you have. It may be beneficial to you.
I may be going back after my install of two more PW’s. Probably this summer.

Yeah while I don’t have a commercial meter and they can’t stop me that way. That’s been my biggest concern is them finding a loophole to get me off the plan since it doesn’t make them any money at all to have me on the free nights. Especially once I my other PWs are installed and I will be grid charging 4 of them at night. At least with Tesla Electric you should be able to see how much your bills would have been based on your past usage. That way you can see if it makes sense or not. Which for me is clearly not worth it as long as I can get away with free nights.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.png
    IMG_1356.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 14

Not sure who your TDSP is but here's the current providers that I am aware of that have fully free nights:

Just Energy*
Amigo Energy*
Tara Energy*
Reliant
Direct Energy
TXU

*Same corp parent

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Yeah while I don’t have a commercial meter and they can’t stop me that way. That’s been my biggest concern is them finding a loophole to get me off the plan since it doesn’t make them any money at all to have me on the free nights. Especially once I my other PWs are installed and I will be grid charging 4 of them at night. At least with Tesla Electric you should be able to see how much your bills would have been based on your past usage. That way you can see if it makes sense or not. Which for me is clearly not worth it as long as I can get away with free nights.

I have the same general concern, although a reasonably deep dive into my Terms of Service hasn't turned up anything I feel I am at risk for. My hope is that the bigger companies like Direct or Reliant have so much business that I'm just a tiny line item in millions of customers, and that they get rich on non energy storage customers under the same plans.

Another thing to consider is that during the free period, wholesale electricity prices go to near zero or even sometimes negative depending on the ERCOT load zone.

Where did you get that estimate?
I see Tesla Electric ads on my app but all they have is a Join button. I couldn't find any estimate on what my bills will be like your screenshot.

Yes, I have discussed this with my wife the past few months that these REP (retail energy provider) will wise up and find way to get rid of free night plan with solar buy back.
I think with a high usage customers like myself, free night is the only plan.
I threatened Amigo that I will file a PUCT complaint since they cancelled my night free without any notice and put me on their most expensive plan. Whatever BS reason they came up with to cancel my plan, they must notify me in writing.
I have not received billings for the past 2 months and then bam, 2 bills come into email in 2 days, one more expensive than the other.