Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried JustEnergy back in Feb, and as expected, the bill went negative. They required a $109 deposit but I assume that's because I had my credit frozen. My negative balance could pay for the termination fee, so I switched back to Tesla Electric in March to see how things would go.
  1. I was way more stressed about monitoring usage. Consecutive days of clouds had me watching the app all day.
  2. I ended up selling back at times when prices were negative. I tallied it up, and it was only 1 kWh ($0.02) but that principally didn't feel good.
  3. I did have a single event where sell back prices were above $0.30, but it really didn't discharge that quickly. I later discovered the Tesla had my wrong PCS settings, so I'm waiting to test that again.
  4. I ended up owing $35 for April with Tesla Electric.
I'm torn on this.

While I love the idea of earning side income from extra solar generation or energy arbitrage, I am way more stressed and I end up watching the app frequently, all day. I'm considering forgoing the possibility of earning, and just returning to a provider with free nights.

Maybe a $1,000 or so earning back a year (if that even happens) isn't worth the stress.

I'll probably go back to JustEnergy and keep my balance negative, and just live with not getting anything back. However, a rep with them yesterday told me once my account is closed, they send me a check, which I didn't think was correct.
Thanks for the Info.

I feel the same way about TE.
I will like to cancel JE and pay the fee. I have around $100 credit right now I believe. So it would off set my the cancellation charge.

I was paying on average $70 per month with TE.
Now that I have 2 more PW’s. I can stay off the grid. When it’s cloudy. What I can’t do is charge at night for free.

Do you work from home?
How many EV’s do you have to charge?

1712849755851.png

Reactions: DrewHou
I am really enjoying the free nights. Before getting my PW, I was with Energy Texas with buy back @ $0.03. One nice days, I could charge my batteries and car, but have nothing to sell back. I did enjoy that I was essentially off grid for most days. But it was a bit "stressful" since we have to schedule our lives around the sun, specifically things like washing clothes. Most months, I was around $30-$45 for electric bill. Now I am on free nights, I pretty much will always be at below $0 monthly energy costs. I don't think I will try Tesla Energy. While there's potential for higher "returns" by selling when high, I think those events are too few and far in between to worth it for me.

I am really enjoying the free nights. Before getting my PW, I was with Energy Texas with buy back @ $0.03. One nice days, I could charge my batteries and car, but have nothing to sell back. I did enjoy that I was essentially off grid for most days. But it was a bit "stressful" since we have to schedule our lives around the sun, specifically things like washing clothes. Most months, I was around $30-$45 for electric bill. Now I am on free nights, I pretty much will always be at below $0 monthly energy costs. I don't think I will try Tesla Energy. While there's potential for higher "returns" by selling when high, I think those events are too few and far in between to worth it for me.
Tesla Electric will have to involve. More plans. More choice. Free Charging times.

@SteveO332 how do you like it so far?
Do you feel like you got a good value for the system you installed?
I felt like I made one of the best decisions for my Home. I could have ever made. Home backup alone was great for me. I live in an Area that is still building out. So they have power issues from time to time. I don’t though. I tell my coworkers that the Panels are basically free. You are paying for the storage.

Drop your Twitter handle I will follow you back. Don’t mine the *sugar* Posting I do. It’s mostly Jokes. I follow @DrewHou. He probably sees my tweets. 😂
I lean libertarian so I love to make fun of The Democrats and the Republicans. It’s all jokes.

Drop your Twitter handle I will follow you back. Don’t mine the *sugar* Posting I do. It’s mostly Jokes. I follow @DrewHou. He probably sees my tweets. 😂
I lean libertarian so I love to make fun of The Democrats and the Republicans. It’s all jokes.
🤣 I lean common sense so I am pretty sure I piss off most myself haha 🤣 it’s always in good fun though.

Also not the web app now only notifies me when I am @ed but not for posts on this thread no matter my setting. Ugh

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1