Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I don't expect a UPS experience for sure. It was just the first time I've had a firmware update drop the load. Eh, nothing's perfect, so not real worried, just interesting. I will say at like 1 in the morning, I had random thoughts like "oh man, did the batteries break?"
I monitor my PW using Powerwall Dashboard and it has marked small blackouts for when a firmware update gets installed (SoC dropping to 0% etc.). Used to be able to review alerts and other vitals before the December update and the errors would line up with the firmware update.

At night I'm on grid so nothing is lost power wise at least.

Reactions: DrewHou
For those that financed your system through Tesla, is this new? I don’t remember the financing option for solar being in app before. Do not see it in my previous screenshots either.
IMG_0842.jpeg

For those that financed your system through Tesla, is this new? I don’t remember the financing option for solar being in app before. Do not see it in my previous screenshots either.
View attachment 1031176
I noticed this the other day, I thought I had just missed it previously.

I still wish it had the payoff or balance on the statements. Mine just shows the payment.

Oh the update to the Netzero app is the one I have been waiting for! I always wished I was able to stay on self powered but then when I would charge my car I would drain my batteries. Now I can setup automations based on my charging and powerwall percentage. This app is giving me everything I had hoped Tesla would have gave me.

Thanks! Let me know if you run into any issues with these new automations.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
So far it’s working perfectly! One question, does this only work when it’s a Tesla on my account plugged in? Or does it work if any Tesla plugs into my wall connector? Haven’t tested that part yet.

The automation triggers when any Wall Connector tied to your energy site starts charging. So it should work with any car (including non-Tesla cars for universal connectors).

Reactions: DrewHou
Wow. Just realized. How Awesome Yesterday was. It may be my record or close to it.
We did better on Wednesday, 29.2 kWh's which is 2 kWh's shy of my personal record.

On a side note, who else enjoying the free FSD trial? Been playing it with it all week, so far:

0/5 Home > Work ~22mi commutes without having to disengage (usually when exiting or getting on a turning lane)

2/2 Work <> Lunch ~3mi commutes in town without disengaging

4/4 Work <> Gym ~3mi commutes in town without disengaging

1/5 Work > Home ~22mi commute without having to disengage (abort usually once it exits I45 and tries to take a side road)

Overall, somewhat pleased with it on the smaller runs. It needs low amount of traffic to work better and is probably infuriating to the people driving behind you somewhat. Need to be constantly encouraging it with the pedal to get it to commit to certain actions or start forcing lane changes to the exit when you know there's room instead of letting it try last minute and finding no space to do it where it slows to a crawl on the highway lol. Cool but never paying 12k for this, and going to be happy getting my autopilot back for the highway portions once the trial is done.

Reactions: Jones1
We did better on Wednesday, 29.2 kWh's which is 2 kWh's shy of my personal record.

On a side note, who else enjoying the free FSD trial? Been playing it with it all week, so far:

0/5 Home > Work ~22mi commutes without having to disengage (usually when exiting or getting on a turning lane)

2/2 Work <> Lunch ~3mi commutes in town without disengaging

4/4 Work <> Gym ~3mi commutes in town without disengaging

1/5 Work > Home ~22mi commute without having to disengage (abort usually once it exits I45 and tries to take a side road)

Overall, somewhat pleased with it on the smaller runs. It needs low amount of traffic to work better and is probably infuriating to the people driving behind you somewhat. Need to be constantly encouraging it with the pedal to get it to commit to certain actions or start forcing lane changes to the exit when you know there's room instead of letting it try last minute and finding no space to do it where it slows to a crawl on the highway lol. Cool but never paying 12k for this, and going to be happy getting my autopilot back for the highway portions once the trial is done.
I pay for FSD. Monthly. I purchased EAP after I got my Tesla.
V12 is amazing. I never drive myself anywhere. Not even to my Mail box cluster. 😂

I tried JustEnergy back in Feb, and as expected, the bill went negative. They required a $109 deposit but I assume that's because I had my credit frozen. My negative balance could pay for the termination fee, so I switched back to Tesla Electric in March to see how things would go.
  1. I was way more stressed about monitoring usage. Consecutive days of clouds had me watching the app all day.
  2. I ended up selling back at times when prices were negative. I tallied it up, and it was only 1 kWh ($0.02) but that principally didn't feel good.
  3. I did have a single event where sell back prices were above $0.30, but it really didn't discharge that quickly. I later discovered the Tesla had my wrong PCS settings, so I'm waiting to test that again.
  4. I ended up owing $35 for April with Tesla Electric.
I'm torn on this.

While I love the idea of earning side income from extra solar generation or energy arbitrage, I am way more stressed and I end up watching the app frequently, all day. I'm considering forgoing the possibility of earning, and just returning to a provider with free nights.

Maybe a $1,000 or so earning back a year (if that even happens) isn't worth the stress.

I'll probably go back to JustEnergy and keep my balance negative, and just live with not getting anything back. However, a rep with them yesterday told me once my account is closed, they send me a check, which I didn't think was correct.

Reactions: Jones1