Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I’m going to convert the Garage to a Tesla theme. Make a Shrine. 😂 my man cave or office is Michael Jordan , Ali , Astros and Dallas Cowboys.
Lmao dude I was thinking the same thing. I’m thinking about gray walls (currently beige) and painting the conduits around the powerwalls red that lead over to my wall connector. Then Tesla red epoxy floors and a Tesla logo on the wall you face when you drive in. Way overboard for a garage but I think I may do it lol.

Also: Astros warming up now!!!!! Let’s finish this!!!

• Love
Reactions: Jones1
.... Brilliant idea for my inside conduits in the garage though.
The only issue is with bent conduits. I had to cut up narrow, perhaps half or three-quarter inch strips but since conduit is close to wall, you cannot wrap continuously. I used long enough strip to meet in back of pipe then the next short strip.

If you are interested in that red T, mine is a door bumper, I found a company in Oregon that is great:

Reactions: DrewHou
Tesla Quality control guy is at my house now. He appears to be very thorough. From me watching my cameras while I’m at work. My wife told him. The system is on and running. We wanted to let it run to see if we have any problems. He asked my wife. Was the system inspected yet? Do we have a permit to operate? She told him no. They just installed the system last week and no one else has came by yet. He told her that. He never knows what’s the status of the system. Since he can show up right after install or after PTO.

I wonder if he will tell me to turn the system off?

Ok. Matt the Tesla Guy. Just left. He explained how the inverters work. I have two inverters. The powerwall inverter. On the top of the PW can be controlled by Tesla. It can be limited by Tesla. The stand alone inverter cannot be controlled by Tesla. If the standalone inverter is on. It will feed back to the grid. After it fills the power wall up. Matt said to wait until I have PTO. Before I turn the 2nd inverter on. To avoid the system sending electricity to the grid.
He said after I get PTO and Tesla approves. Tesla will stop throttling or limiting the inverter.
With 2 inverters and 12Kw. He said I will get a lot of production from my roof.

Reactions: DrewHou and GWord
Matt also said if the Home is not in the city. If it is under county inspection. They may never come to inspect or they will come by. But you won’t see them. They will just pass by and go. Then Tesla will get notified that it has passed inspection. Then Tesla request PTO. I guess

Ok. Matt the Tesla Guy. Just left. He explained how the inverters work. I have two inverters. The powerwall inverter. On the top of the PW can be controlled by Tesla. It can be limited by Tesla. The stand alone inverter cannot be controlled by Tesla. If the standalone inverter is on. It will feed back to the grid. After it fills the power wall up. Matt said to wait until I have PTO. Before I turn the 2nd inverter on. To avoid the system sending electricity to the grid.
He said after I get PTO and Tesla approves. Tesla will stop throttling or limiting the inverter.
With 2 inverters and 12Kw. He said I will get a lot of production from my roof.
Nice! He’s at my house now. This would make sense as both of my inverters are above the powerwalls. I will ask him about my Inverters once he’s done. Always interesting to learn more about the differences in systems. I hope he says the same thing about production with my 9.2kw system but I doubt it haha. Trying to support a 3200 sq foot two story home on 9.2kw isn’t ideal but that’s the max Tesla says can fit on my roof.

Nice! He’s at my house now. This would make sense as both of my inverters are above the powerwalls. I will ask him about my Inverters once he’s done. Always interesting to learn more about the differences in systems. I hope he says the same thing about production with my 9.2kw system but I doubt it haha. Trying to support a 3200 sq foot two story home on 9.2kw isn’t ideal but that’s the max Tesla says can fit on my roof.
Real Nice guy. Answered all my questions over the phone. Seems thorough.

Reactions: charlesj
Ok so Matt just left. He was able to confirm my roof was definitely damaged by the installers, there was exposed wiring laying on my roof that should be in conduit, there was some gauge inside the inverters that were not plugged up, and few other items. So my panels will have to be removed to have the work corrected.

Confirmed I have two 7.2 inverters on my system, and that since 9 of my 23 panels face due north and the other panels face other directions my system is not designed for heavy output but allows for longer production. He said it sucks but that’s the way my roofline works out. Apparently the summer will give those 9 north facing panels a lot more sun.

Ok so Matt just left. He was able to confirm my roof was definitely damaged by the installers, there was exposed wiring laying on my roof that should be in conduit, there was some gauge inside the inverters that were not plugged up, and few other items. So my panels will have to be removed to have the work corrected.

Confirmed I have two 7.2 inverters on my system, and that since 9 of my 23 panels face due north and the other panels face other directions my system is not designed for heavy output but allows for longer production. He said it sucks but that’s the way my roofline works out. Apparently the summer will give those 9 north facing panels a lot more sun.
Damn. Sad to hear about the install. At least he was honest. Better to get it fixed right now then to go back and forward with Tesla later about it. I’m at 12kw so that’s why I had a 7.8, 3.6 inverters. I want to say the conversion to ac would be a little over 10kwh for me. Most of my panels face South I have a small section of 4 panels that face East with no shade. Thank god. My house faces North with a slant at the back of the home. Perfect for loading panels.

Matt also said if the Home is not in the city. If it is under county inspection. They may never come to inspect or they will come by. But you won’t see them. They will just pass by and go. Then Tesla will get notified that it has passed inspection. Then Tesla request PTO. I guess
Strange lol… I live right on Lake Houston so I am surrounded by neighbors that are county but my house itself is considered in the city because the city has the land right around the lake itself. Not sure if that means I’m lucky or not in this case tho haha. Either way seems like the inspection process for both are a joke. County just drives by and waves, City comes and looks but doesn’t see random live wires laying across the roof.

Strange lol… I live right on Lake Houston so I am surrounded by neighbors that are county but my house itself is considered in the city because the city has the land right around the lake itself. Not sure if that means I’m lucky or not in this case tho haha. Either way seems like the inspection process for both are a joke. County just drives by and waves, City comes and looks but doesn’t see random live wires laying across the roof.
I’m in Balmoral. My address is Atascocita. But it’s really all Humble. What I’m told. I could put either down and I get my Mail. My title says Humble. My mail says Atascocita. I was thinking Matt meant that if you don’t live in the Houston City area. Like around 610 or inside the beltway. Matt said I would be under the county for my inspection. But he had to look and get back to me. He said he would turn in his paperwork to Tesla. A guy named Harold. At least I think he said Harold. Was I. Charge of scheduling inspections for our area. That’s when he told me. That I might not even see an inspector. He said Tesla would get back the info that it passed.

Damn. Sad to hear about the install.
I keep telling myself I got my car with no panel gaps… it was just my turn to have Tesla issues this time around hahahaha
I’m in Balmoral. My address is Atascocita. But it’s really all Humble. What I’m told. I could put either down and I get my Mail. My title says Humble. My mail says Atascocita. I was thinking Matt meant that if you don’t live in the Houston City area. Like around 610 or inside the beltway. Matt said I would be under the county for my inspection. But he had to look and get back to me. He said he would turn in his paperwork to Tesla. A guy named Harold. At least I think he said Harold. Was I. Charge of scheduling inspections for our area. That’s when he told me. That I might not even see an inspector. He said Tesla would get back the info that it passed.
Man we basically neighbors! If you ever see a gray debadged S with 5% black tint that would be me. I am in Lakewood Pines in the gated section that’s on the lake. I almost bought a house in Balmoral when I bought my house last year. Anyways…

Yeah my address here is Houston, TX but the other side of west lake Houston parkway is Humble/Atascocita it’s weird like even water I am on city of Houston water and not a MUD.

I keep telling myself I got my car with no panel gaps… it was just my turn to have Tesla issues this time around hahahaha

Man we basically neighbors! If you ever see a gray debadged S with 5% black tint that would be me. I am in Lakewood Pines in the gated section that’s on the lake. I almost bought a house in Balmoral when I bought my house last year. Anyways…

Yeah my address here is Houston, TX but the other side of west lake Houston parkway is Humble/Atascocita it’s weird like even water I am on city of Houston water and not a MUD.
I was hoping to Get a Supercharger in our Area. Just to have a place to hang. Really don’t need to charge. Anywhere within 5-10 miles would be nice. I see so many Tesla's now. I think people are learning. That you don’t have to go to a gas station every other day. Lol. My neighbors stop and ask me about my MYP. They get scared of the Price to purchase. Not knowing the Cost to own is way cheaper. Then the FUD on the News. Keeps them. From buying. I’m in my Second Home. My first home I could of gotten Solar with the House. But I was Solar Dumb. I was more concerned about Hurricanes and bad weather. After 10 years at my first home. My neighbors that had solar. Never had a problem. None of the had Battery storage. Just solar panels. The hey would tell me how they pay nothing for electricity or they get a bill credit. That’s why now I choose to get Solar. New house. New Roof. New Thinking. The initial cost is an investment. That could save you money later on in life.

I was hoping to Get a Supercharger in our Area. Just to have a place to hang. Really don’t need to charge. Anywhere within 5-10 miles would be nice. I see so many Tesla's now. I think people are learning. That you don’t have to go to a gas station every other day. Lol. My neighbors stop and ask me about my MYP. They get scared of the Price to purchase. Not knowing the Cost to own is way cheaper. Then the FUD on the News. Keeps them. From buying. I’m in my Second Home. My first home I could of gotten Solar with the House. But I was Solar Dumb. I was more concerned about Hurricanes and bad weather. After 10 years at my first home. My neighbors that had solar. Never had a problem. None of the had Battery storage. Just solar panels. The hey would tell me how they pay nothing for electricity or they get a bill credit. That’s why now I choose to get Solar. New house. New Roof. New Thinking. The initial cost is an investment. That could save you money later on in life.
There are zero good charging options over here. I agree, I am hoping as they are building out generation park (which is supposedly future forward) that we get a supercharger location. I have a lot of neighbors ask about my car as well. I see a lot of Ys and 3s in the area now, my neighbor just placed an order for a 3 after hearing how much I spend going back and forth to Austin (where my work office is). I work for a very large tech company and when I get to our office in Austin it is basically wall to wall Teslas.

Also agree on solar, however I know with my system I will never get to zero grid and the cost will not be cheaper than my current electric expenses especially for the first 10 years but it is cheaper than paying Centerpoint PLUS adding a gas generator which was my initial plan. Next house I want to have built with solar in mind. That way I can maximize solar and become a 100% sun run household. This is my first home I have owned and I am learning so much everyday about things I should do differently next time.