Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched lot of YouTube video o solar roof and seeing this thing in person is still wow.
We worked hard to get HOA approved on this as this is first among the hundreds of Mediterranean tiles roof here.
After seeing this, my neighbors are seriously considering this when the price gets better.
Tiles are nice but solar roof looks even better! HOA can’t say no when it looks THAT good. But I’m sure they tried everything to stop it haha.

Reactions: EL0NTRK and Jones1
I just saw the headline “Tesla cancels solar projects in mass, scales back solar division” over on electrek idk how much of it is true and how much is hype but interesting to see. I didn’t see the Houston market mentioned so I guess that is a good sign.

I just saw the headline “Tesla cancels solar projects in mass, scales back solar division” over on electrek idk how much of it is true and how much is hype but interesting to see. I didn’t see the Houston market mentioned so I guess that is a good sign.
I’m going to check it out. Hopefully they keep our area up and running. I see what’s going on with Twitter. Hopefully that doesn’t happen at Tesla. They don’t have enough employees as it’s.

Yeah almost sounds like they may move areas to just 3rd party installers. Which may actually be better customer service wise.
Yeah. I think Texas is Booming with Solar. Due to ERCOT hate. They may start using third parties in other areas. When I asked about the delivery to my home of the materials before the installation day. Like it says on there website. Tesla adviser told me it was a pilot program. That isn’t their regular procedure. Tesla is always willing to try different things.

Reactions: DrewHou
I guess I’m in the last stage. For approval. The last email I got last night. Said Inspection in Process.

1668181648635.png

Saw that but it seems the article is based on a few Reddit posts of people in the NE having their Solar Roof installations canceled. Very misleading "en-mass" click-bait headline because I haven't seen any proof that this is the case. Still, funny that my smaller system installation is scheduled until January next year and @Jones1 got his already done! We signed up within weeks of each other :'(

Reactions: DrewHou
Saw that but it seems the article is based on a few Reddit posts of people in the NE having their Solar Roof installations canceled. Very misleading "en-mass" click-bait headline because I haven't seen any proof that this is the case. Still, funny that my smaller system installation is scheduled until January next year and @Jones1 got his already done! We signed up within weeks of each other :'(
Tesla will probably Call you. They may have called you already. The caller id number doesn’t always say it’s Tesla. They don’t leave messages. Sometimes it’s a Nevada area code.

Tesla will call you and move up your installation date up. Also contact them every two days. I send a text. Just checking. They may get up set. But they want our money. So who cares. I try to be polite and respectful. We know that Tesla doesn’t have a large customer service department. So it’s not the employees fault. Stay Vilgante. Be steadfast. Text , call , Email.
It sucks to wait. PTO. 🙏🏽

Agreed it didn’t seem very well sourced. Since then it doesn’t seem to have picked up any steam anywhere else. Interesting read though.

Reactions: Jones1