Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No kidding, both are half baked solutions.

With time based and reservation of 30% for power outage, why can't my 2 pws get charged to 100% before sending power to grid? Ohh, it's a bug in the current version. Our dev will release the fix in next version, per Tesla.
Wow. That sucks. I love auto pilot or enhanced auto pilot. I use it every day. I don’t have the problems that others talk about. Every now and then it would slow down but nothing like slamming on the brakes or any of that stuff that you see about in the news. Mostly because some idiot is swerving in and out of lanes. I do have a coworker that has two powerwalls. He hasn’t had them fill up totally from the sun. He just got his system installed. I believe he is using self power mode but he just signed up for the Tesla electric plan. I will keep an he thread updated. I guess Tesla Electric plans will be only beneficial. If you are selling to the grid. Because of a demand increase. I don’t know yet. I will keep the plan for a year. Then decide. I wouldn’t have to pay a cancellation fee for TE. I really need a full year to see how it works out. See what my summer production is. See if sell rates go up during the summer. If they do. I can see now the plan benefits the customer.

Wow. That sucks. I love auto pilot or enhanced auto pilot. I use it every day. I don’t have the problems that others talk about. Every now and then it would slow down but nothing like slamming on the brakes or any of that stuff that you see about in the news. Mostly because some idiot is swerving in and out of lanes. I do have a coworker that has two powerwalls. He hasn’t had them fill up totally from the sun. He just got his system installed. I believe he is using self power mode but he just signed up for the Tesla electric plan. I will keep an he thread updated. I guess Tesla Electric plans will be only beneficial. If you are selling to the grid. Because of a demand increase. I don’t know yet. I will keep the plan for a year. Then decide. I wouldn’t have to pay a cancellation fee for TE. I really need a full year to see how it works out. See what my summer production is. See if sell rates go up during the summer. If they do. I can see now the plan benefits the customer.
FSD / AP works great on the highway for me but as soon as I used AP on regular roads it fell apart very quickly. Always trying to get in turn lanes and stuff. FSD beta is much better but then just acts a fool at random. Haha

Anyways back to solar: what would be really cool is if they could take your previous usage and show you what your bill would have looked like if you were on Tesla Electric. Seems like an easy way to show customers if they would benefit from switching and they already have the data to do it.

I don’t think I would make enough surplus energy to make the switch worth it but my Tesla addiction makes me want to switch (which is idiotic lol)

My AP did not slow down on curvy highways. I'm pretty sure Tesla would say it'd be my responsibility if the car spun out 2 seconds after AP disengaged... Too many things to say about AP in my 5yr exp but this thread is not for it ;)

Before the next version comes out, I have to disable exporting in the morning and re-enable it when my PWs are near full. Ohh 2 nights ago before Tesla introduced their electric plan, at 1AM my PWs started discharging for my EV when it's absolutely during off-peak for free nights. Luckily I still got 43% left with my EV charged at 80% in the morning. Case is opened with Tesla but no reply yet.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
You can park in the back of a parking lot. A mile away from the store. Still come out and people park next to you. WTF

1671319235456.jpeg

Don’t just post a sign. Explain to the youth 😆
My son thought he couldn’t open the pantry until 7pm. He told. It says limit consumption. Lol. Now he knows what a KWh is. Lol

View attachment 886211
Hahahaha! That’s funny and also probably what I would have thought not even a year or two ago myself. I just paid the power bill and never paid any attention to kw or kWh or how much is a lot of a little.

It wasn’t until I got the EV and then Solar that I truly knew what a kWh was. So I would have been hungry and complaining too hahahaha.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
When I moved to Texas honestly was the first time I ever really heard someone talking about kWh since everywhere I lived before rates were set and you couldn’t change providers. So it was more your bill is what your bill is… now I know had I paid more attention my first few years in Texas I could have been saving a ton on electric by just educating myself.

I would love for TE to updated this graph. It needs to be like the Energy consumption app on a Tesla Vehicle. Still a little confusing and maybe misleading. But it is a hell of a lot better than this. You can’t touch and drag to see the exact amount. At a current time of the day. It also should tell you total cost or money received for the day. Time to get on Twitter an @Tesla & @Elon. 😆
I have confidence they will make it better. Thank god for Apple Music being added.

1671330148387.png

Reactions: DrewHou
So I’d love to hear everyone’s strategy for the upcoming cold snap… ERCOT says don’t worry they won’t have any issues but I’m debating keeping both of my PWs at 100% and running on peak grid if I must to keep them that way.

Seems excessive but also don’t want to get caught off guard… anyone else making changes for the upcoming freezing temps?

• Informative
So I’d love to hear everyone’s strategy for the upcoming cold snap… ERCOT says don’t worry they won’t have any issues but I’m debating keeping both of my PWs at 100% and running on peak grid if I must to keep them that way.

Seems excessive but also don’t want to get caught off guard… anyone else making changes for the upcoming freezing temps?
I was at work. The last freeze. Locked Down for 4 days. Paid 24hrs a day. I loved it. 😂
My wife said the power was out for about 2 days. Then the started the rolling outages. Power on for a couple of hours. Then back off. I wonder if we will be able to charge from grid when the power comes on. During the rolling outages. I don’t see how they could stop that. I’ll probably bump my PW up to 50%. I will be on the road for the Holidays. The Friday night will be the Lowest temperature. Last time I check. 🤔

1671331153005.png

I was at work. The last freeze. Locked Down for 4 days. Paid 24hrs a day. I loved it. 😂
My wife said the power was out for about 2 days. Then the started the rolling outages. Power on for a couple of hours. Then back off. I wonder if we will be able to charge from grid when the power comes on. During the rolling outages. I don’t see how they could stop that. I’ll probably bump my PW up to 50%. I will be on the road for the Holidays. The Friday night will be the Lowest temperature. Last time I check. 🤔

View attachment 886265
Yeah I was living in the woodlands at the time and it went out and didn’t come back for few days. I woke up and the dog water bowl in the kitchen was starting to get icy so knew it was time to go and was lucky enough to find a hotel nearby that did have power. So I have a tendency to over worry now when it dips below freezing.

Yeah I was living in the woodlands at the time and it went out and didn’t come back for few days. I woke up and the dog water bowl in the kitchen was starting to get icy so knew it was time to go and was lucky enough to find a hotel nearby that did have power. So I have a tendency to over worry now when it dips below freezing.
Prepping is the only way to go. Solar , Battery and Can goods. Firearm’s too. IMO. I’m definitely a Prepper.

Prepping is the only way to go. Solar , Battery and Can goods. Firearm’s too. IMO. I’m definitely a Prepper.
While I can say I have all those things on the list now I definitely can’t say I am a prepper even though I probably should be more of that mentality. I don’t have kids though so probably why I’m cool with going with the flow more 😆

• Funny
Powerwall set at 30/70.
House went on Powerwall only at 12am -7:15am.
I guess it’s the same as it would be. If I wasn’t on Tesla Electric and I was in Self Powered mode. Before my Powerwall would start at 5pm on a good day. Draining down to my serve by 11pm-1am on average. Depending on what our usage was. So today I didn’t use 10% of my self powered or Tesla Electric mode. That’s what Tesla is calling Autopilot for PW. 😂
I wonder if a can Patent the phrase then sell it to Tesla. 😆
1671371983077.png

15BC4D36-4ADF-4617-B87D-ED64427692F9.png

I love the amount of data I can see from my Span panel but I found it makes me insane. There’s something on one of my breakers outside that’s causing a constant 0.5 - 1 watt draw and I can’t figure it out. While I know less than 1 watt is absolutely nothing I just have to know what it is lol

I just remembered to change my Utility plan in the Charge Stats section in the Tesla app.
At first I didn’t think it as a option for Tesla Electric. I choose to start it over. It’s definitely a little different. Then the Tesla Electric plan shows.

🤔

965BA437-13CF-495D-A7CC-ACE53EB006C5.pngEDF7EB74-7DB5-43B8-A9C8-9B1169D72164.png2469B1B5-40D9-459C-B59F-641A8F141F80.png

• Informative