Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been a very interesting few days in optimizing power use at home. Now I’m trying to figure out how I had my Nest thermostat set up on Tuesday because that’s the only day the PW lasted thru peak rates. It actually gets used a lot but in small bursts vs what happened today. Ran out of juice even sooner than yesterday! Dare I say it? …. Should have gotten 2 Powerwalls lol

0006EA5C-CBA9-499E-A242-BDF9C036252D.jpeg

Tomorrow temperatures are going to be better so won’t know if my final idea of thermostat settings works until the next cold front hehe.

Reactions: Jones1
This has been a very interesting few days in optimizing power use at home. Now I’m trying to figure out how I had my Nest thermostat set up on Tuesday because that’s the only day the PW lasted thru peak rates. It actually gets used a lot but in small bursts vs what happened today. Ran out of juice even sooner than yesterday! Dare I say it? …. Should have gotten 2 Powerwalls lol

View attachment 902697

Tomorrow temperatures are going to be better so won’t know if my final idea of thermostat settings works until the next cold front hehe.
As soon as our system was installed I wished I would have purchased more panels, and another powerwall. We have two, but it won’t be enough when we pick up our M3 on Monday. 😭

Reactions: Jones1 and plee1024
I financed my system. Like a lot of people do. At the rate that Tesla offered at the time I placed my order. It would have been around $50 more per month. For each additional PW. I thought about getting a smaller PV Kw size. But I knew. I would be adding a CyberTruck later. Then I thought about the LFP PW that is supposed to come out soon. So I chose a larger system and 1 PW. Later if Tesla offers the PW’s separate from the Solar panels again. Like they did before the 3 years of Covid shutdowns. Probably in 5 years. I’ll try to add 2-3 PW’s. At least 2 more. So I’ll be able to charge me Tesla vehicles a little from them.

Reactions: wiltoking
I noticed today. My impact data is wrong. I wasn’t last week or a few days ago. Now it’s shot that I used the grid during peak time. Which has not started yet. 🤔
My Peak time is 4pm-7pm. I’m always on PW during that time. I sent Tesla some emails. Hopefully they can correct this soon. I looked further back in the app. This could be a Tesla Electric Plan problem. I also had auto pay setup for Tesla Electric bill. They didn’t take the money. It was a $12 bill. On the app it said past due. It was due on the 2/2/23. If I had auto pay set. Why would it be late.

1675546334841.png

I emailed Tesla Electric some screenshots. Not sure if this should go to PW support or The Electric plan. I’m going to be busy tomorrow. So I’ve been emailing everyone. Lol

A48C9867-3B4A-4ACC-8F16-D2FCC59DF05E.jpegB7071698-8F17-4AC0-95A6-D311B39B109B.jpeg

I did get a response from the Powerwall support. About EV PW charging setting. They said they will escalate the ticket. To find out why it’s not available in my app. Idk.

No PTO yet but Tesla already got their downpayment. Time to pray that the process doesn't get lost with them or CEP. In the meantime, finished routing some EMT to the Gateway (TEG) to run Ethernet. Still lose WiFi/Cellular signal all the time and got tired of having to rest TEG. Crossing fingers this resolves it.

I emailed Tesla Electric some screenshots. Not sure if this should go to PW support or The Electric plan. I’m going to be busy tomorrow. So I’ve been emailing everyone. Lol

View attachment 903550View attachment 903551

I did get a response from the Powerwall support. About EV PW charging setting. They said they will escalate the ticket. To find out why it’s not available in my app. Idk.

Well, EV Charging popped up by itself for me lol. System was completely disconnected for almost 24hrs and finally went and flipped the PW on/off today. That got it reconnected and sending info to the app which is when I noticed I have the coveted EV Charging option :D

Well, EV Charging popped up by itself for me lol. System was completely disconnected for almost 24hrs and finally went and flipped the PW on/off today. That got it reconnected and sending info to the app which is when I noticed I have the coveted EV Charging option :D
🤔. Maybe I should try to flip it off and on. Lol

No PTO yet but Tesla already got their downpayment. Time to pray that the process doesn't get lost with them or CEP. In the meantime, finished routing some EMT to the Gateway (TEG) to run Ethernet. Still lose WiFi/Cellular signal all the time and got tired of having to rest TEG. Crossing fingers this resolves it.

PTO is on Centerpoint to process not Tesla. Took about 3 or 4 weeks for me...