Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at that curve!

IMG_1882.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Jones1
PTO update after finally having some nice full sunny days! Getting about 30kWh from the system but heat throttling is a big deal and exporting about 20 kWh of that. Loose 25% peak power production vs cool/cloudy days. I've gotten up to 5.2 kW before but when it's sunny it doesn't exceed 4 kW! With the cheap buyback from Amigo, I might get a 4-5 dollar credit every month.

Just with the last few weeks of PTO got my Energy Offset up to 48% from a more typical 26%. I imagine if Texas had 1:1 net metering, we could charge EV's at night and still get a credit. If these free-night plans go the way of the dodo and we don't have oversized systems it will be tougher.
I’ve seen over 12kW while looking at the app. But it doesn’t record it for me in the Tesla app. I believe because it’s not holding at that rate for that long. I believe the highest recorded kW. I had. Is right under my system size. I know it has to convert to AC. So you lose a percentage of what your array can prop.

Did we get some crazy weather Saturday? I was out of town this weekend and got back yesterday. Just noticed for Saturday my system produce a whopping 4.2 kWh with a Peak Power Production of 1.0 kW!!! Have never seen it that low lol even before PTO, at one point in the morning solar production droped to 0 for an hour or so. Must have been some super thick cloud cover akin to a hurricane for it to be that dark, wow

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
Did we get some crazy weather Saturday? I was out of town this weekend and got back yesterday. Just noticed for Saturday my system produce a whopping 4.2 kWh with a Peak Power Production of 1.0 kW!!! Have never seen it that low lol even before PTO, at one point in the morning solar production droped to 0 for an hour or so. Must have been some super thick cloud cover akin to a hurricane for it to be that dark, wow
It was ugly. Rain and mostly cloudy. All weekend.

Reactions: DrewHou
Yeah it got pretty much night time dark out and heavy rain. I only made about 10kwh myself and good chunk of the day was at 0kw. Looking at the forecast for the week looks like a lot of cloudy rainy days ahead too. I grid charged up my powerwalls last night since I knew we might be getting storms and some flooding today (according to space city weather) that way I am ready and also just in case the solar panels don’t get any sun today I have enough to cover my peak usage.

Yeah it got pretty much night time dark out and heavy rain. I only made about 10kwh myself and good chunk of the day was at 0kw. Looking at the forecast for the week looks like a lot of cloudy rainy days ahead too. I grid charged up my powerwalls last night since I knew we might be getting storms and some flooding today (according to space city weather) that way I am ready and also just in case the solar panels don’t get any sun today I have enough to cover my peak usage.
Well seems like I didn't miss out because I'm seeing pretty much the same today. Finally generating a bit of energy at least and the PW's grid charge anytime they need to, so at least we can make it thru the day.

I’m guessing that the 15 year loans are due to the high interest rates.
Yes. It is very high. Almost double what I currently have. I also configured my exact system. That I currently have. I set it at a 10 year loan. Tesla must have went down on their total price and or install. At the current interest rate of 7.##% It was only about $10 more than what I’m currently paying. I believe I’m paying 3.## - 4%. But I know the prices change later after you get things going with the home evaluation of your roof.

Solar Homestead exemption is not need at this time for Harris County.

View attachment 938358
Interesting, I forgot to sign mine when I sent it originally but I didn't know. Later in the mail, HCAD sent the form again as "I have recently gotten solar" which I found odd. Called and learned that the original wasn't signed so I filled it out again. Hopefully, I'll get a similar letter to yours but it's very odd it shows as an Extra Feature if it's not part of the Appraisal.

Appraisals are such a scam, they can say whatever they want. "We don't count solar for appraisal but we raised your market value by 100k!" wft... I filed a protest and got 6% knocked off market value but overall it's still up 12% which caps at the 10% homestead exemption. End up paying the same anyway.

Interesting, I forgot to sign mine when I sent it originally but I didn't know. Later in the mail, HCAD sent the form again as "I have recently gotten solar" which I found odd. Called and learned that the original wasn't signed so I filled it out again. Hopefully, I'll get a similar letter to yours but it's very odd it shows as an Extra Feature if it's not part of the Appraisal.

Appraisals are such a scam, they can say whatever they want. "We don't count solar for appraisal but we raised your market value by 100k!" wft... I filed a protest and got 6% knocked off market value but overall it's still up 12% which caps at the 10% homestead exemption. End up paying the same anyway.
I don't even know there is such a thing until I read this thread. It looks like they are anticipating the coming property tax relief and inflating the property value substantially first.

If you’ve been keeping an eye on this thread you know I got the span panel installed shortly after my solar. My only use was to easily extend my powerwalls in an outage and also to have much more detailed data over usage. I had previously recommended the span panel but unfortunately I can’t recommend it anymore for anyone that wants to use it for data purposes.

Here’s why… I recently notice that the data in my span app didn’t match the Tesla App or my utility bill. So I started digging further and found the Span app was incorrect on Grid usage, Solar Excess, Solar production and Powerwall usage. So I reached out to Span and was escalated to their tier 3 engineer team. They looked and saw the difference and said that it was not a cause for concern. Granted I can understand it may not be perfect but they are claiming a 240kwh / yr difference is normal. Maybe I am expecting to much but I really don’t understand why include data at all if it is inaccurate. Below is what they sent to me as their response. Anyone else with a span panel have the same issue? Or am I just being picky for an expensive breaker panel? 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3125.png
    IMG_3125.png
    662.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Informative