Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Tesla Electric Unlimited Vehicle Charging. You can not see the current Sell rate. That really sucks. You can only see what you set the plan to show. It’s not like the regular Tesla Electric plan.
Wow that kinda sucks, shouldn’t matter that the buy rate for vehicle charging is free, hope it’s just a software bug that they haven’t gotten around to smooth over

Reactions: DrewHou
Wow that kinda sucks, shouldn’t matter that the buy rate for vehicle charging is free, hope it’s just a software bug that they haven’t gotten around to smooth over
Yeah. It has to be. So if I select my Bill from my email it will open to the Page in app. Where you can see. Not native in the Tesla app opening it normally. Stupid.

I sold a little
1715221302128.jpeg

Reactions: wiltoking
Well it’s good to know my Tesla Solar project advisor didn’t get fired. I finally messaged Tesla. To let them know it’s been 3 months and I haven’t paid them any money. Just the down payment. They said they would send the paperwork to Centerpoint Houston. I guess they were behind and forgot. She apologized for the delay. I told her I forgot about it. Until I realized I wasn’t getting the full charge by grid rate. For 3 PW’s. I’ll probably have to message Tesla again so they can unlock the rate increase per KW. From 5.8kW

I got another crack in my windshield. It’s bad. I’m going to use Tesla insurance. They gave me an initial repair estimate time. It’s 18 days and I have to drive to the woodlands.
Does anyone know if Tesla mobile service reps can come to you and replace glass?

I got another crack in my windshield. It’s bad. I’m going to use Tesla insurance. They gave me an initial repair estimate time. It’s 18 days and I have to drive to the woodlands.
Does anyone know if Tesla mobile service reps can come to you and replace glass?
I don't think mobile tech is equipped/trained for that, replacing windshield really needs experience. By the way, a tech came by trying to fix a false window not closed warning by replacing the actuator, he left with this (I was in a meeting and didn't get chance to inspect) ... actually make it much worse.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_102906_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_102906_Tesla.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Informative
Reactions: Jones1
I don't think mobile tech is equipped/trained for that, replacing windshield really needs experience. By the way, a tech came by trying to fix a false window not closed warning by replacing the actuator, he left with this (I was in a meeting and didn't get chance to inspect) ... actually make it much worse.
What smart sprinkler controller is that? Lol
I want to go with a HomeKit compatible controller. My Dumb Hunter works fine. I just want. A smart one.

What smart sprinkler controller is that? Lol
I want to go with a HomeKit compatible controller. My Dumb Hunter works fine. I just want. A smart one.
LOL, good eyes. it's Rachio. They do work with HomeKit, just have to setup manually, but recently they stopped supporting it last year, it still works though. I use Alexa. Overall, it's good enough. Yardbird is another option

Good NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! 🤫 My Tesla Electric Guy just messaged me. LFG!!!!!!!!!!
(I removed the picture. I don’t want to get Black listed by Tesla. 😆 Message me if you want the screenshot. )
Tesla Electric will be rolling out two new plans with add on Unlimited Charging for both.

Last edited:
So this past storm I had a neighbor get surged by lightning and lost a lot of stuff. I have a type 2 whole home surge protector in my breaker box but he was talking about having both type 1 and type 2 surge protection installed. I felt like my breaker style protector was enough to give my powerwalls and more a bit more protection but now I’m questioning if I should have more protection or if it’s all just a waste of money.

• Informative
So this past storm I had a neighbor get surged by lightning and lost a lot of stuff. I have a type 2 whole home surge protector in my breaker box but he was talking about having both type 1 and type 2 surge protection installed. I felt like my breaker style protector was enough to give my powerwalls and more a bit more protection but now I’m questioning if I should have more protection or if it’s all just a waste of money.
Surge protection is all about risk mitigation. Most systems can't survive a direct lightning strike. Even a close strike can shift the potential of the ground enough to fry electronics. Layered surge protection is also a good idea. Type 1/2 for the house and then additional surge protectors outlets or power strips on sensitive electronics in the house.

I know this is old hat for many of you, but I am super excited by negative electric bills. -$17 this month on Amigo energy.
Total actual usage during this time was 1997kWh, 515kWh was car charging over night. A little over 700kWh of usage was on solar.

View attachment 1046153
I agree it was exciting for me too! I think it’s because when they pay you to take over 1000kWh from the grid it’s like payback for all the years we’ve been overcharged by utility companies. Enjoy it before they figure out the loophole we have haha.