Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just canceled my Powerwall without solar order. Tesla could only add one Powewall with my current three Powerwall installation. Apparently a Powerwall + can only house 3 powerwalls behind it and Tesla wasn't open to add batteries anywhere else, even though I have three different solar installs from them. Very disappointed to say the least. Guess I need to figure out how to add extra storage outside of Tesla.
Sorry to hear about this.
1) When did you order the extra PW’s?
2)How long did it take for them to come out and look at your system for evaluation? Or did they just message you?
3) How many PW’s did you order?
thanks

@Jones1 you asking the same things I have been thinking about. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on two more PWs but I have been reading on Reddit and the rest of the web about adding additional PWs and looks like a lot of people run into snags.

My concerns right now are my two current ones are wall mounted so no ability to stack them. I also know the conduit that’s in my trench is completely full and no way to add additional wiring there.

So I will be interested to see what they say about my options. If I lose the discount I will probably cancel. I almost wonder if they can go outside against the house by the breaker box. Oh well time will tell. Haha

I reorganized my garage. This morning. Took pictures of inside and outside. By meter. Just in case Tesla only messages me and not come by. Like they did for Solar. I’ve only seen 2 stacked together. I have one mounted with the inverter (+). I made room for them to stack two together. Or have a single PW mounted and they can stack the other. I’m gonna have to go back and look at some YouTube videos. I just don’t remember seeing more than two. Like if you have 6 PW’s. It’s usually
PW+ with PW
PW+ with PW
Then two more PW’s together.
Rabbit Hole Diving time. 😆
If they say I can only get one. I’ll have to only get one. 2 more is what I would like. Especially since we know. Elon will never let us do V2G. Like I was hoping.

Reactions: DrewHou
Sorry to hear about this.
1) When did you order the extra PW’s?
2)How long did it take for them to come out and look at your system for evaluation? Or did they just message you?
3) How many PW’s did you order?
thanks
I ordered a little over two months ago.
Took about a week or so to come out for site survey.
I ordered 3 additional PW's. Have a PW+ and two PW2 already.

Reactions: Jones1
When Tesla Energy discontinues the PW2.
I wonder what Tesla Energy will do for people that have a 3rd party install of PW2’s. If a person has Micro inverters , Non Tesla inverters and PW2. What will Tesla replace the PW2’s with? If they stop making them. Will they tell the Solar Company. They have to use the PW3 and redo the whole battery /inverter system? Or will they have a way to bypass the Tesla PW3 inverter? So they can be installed as a replacement for PW2 owners.
I know Tesla Energy will tell their own customers. They will have to replace the whole battery system. That’s what I was told.
This is and will be a cluster F***.

When Tesla Energy discontinues the PW2.
I wonder what Tesla Energy will do for people that have a 3rd party install of PW2’s. If a person has Micro inverters , Non Tesla inverters and PW2. What will Tesla replace the PW2’s with? If they stop making them. Will they tell the Solar Company. They have to use the PW3 and redo the whole battery /inverter system? Or will they have a way to bypass the Tesla PW3 inverter? So they can be installed as a replacement for PW2 owners.
I know Tesla Energy will tell their own customers. They will have to replace the whole battery system. That’s what I was told.
This is and will be a cluster F***.
PW carries a 10-year warranty, so there should be some time for warranty replacements after the last one is sold. I use Enphase microinverters for the Powerwalls. In the worst case, I can switch to Enphase battery (hopefully not; they are lower capacity and huge).

Nice little Smart plug meter. I started using SwitchBot to control my blinds. Then I started to see what other items they had. I have a few for lights switches. Then I saw this.
Works well. I have it plugged in to my garage fridge. I wanted to get an accurate measurement for its energy usage.
SwitchBot HomeKit Smart Plug Mini 15A, Energy Monitor, Smart Home WiFi(2.4G Only) Outlet Works with Apple HomeKit, Alexa, Google Home, App Remote Control & Timer Function,No Hub Required https://a.co/d/eiGP1iF
IMG_6950.jpeg

Off Grid system installation is going well. I just received the Delt 2 max Extra battery. Bring the total battery storage to 4096 watts.
You get a discount from Ecoflow for the extra battery. When you register for the warranty. For the Delta 2 Max.
I put one solar panel on my plastic small shed. It’s the portable solar panel that comes from Ecoflow. With the delta 2 max bundle. Purchased another panel from Amazon. For
$159. It’s 200watts.
Waiting for the third panel to come in tomorrow. It’s 220 watts for $200.
The max solar array size for the delta 2 max is 1kW.

View attachment 972328
View attachment 972329
View attachment 972330

Is that the craftman 5x2 shed? I just bought the same one coincidentally. just wondering what you used as a base? it looks like pavers. the instruction manual was saying a slab of concrete or a woodframe but i'm just trying to make my life easy

Anyone with Amigo or Direct Energy can help with this billing issue?
I have now received 2 billing statements from Amigo since signing up with them in August.
The first bill is for $25 and it shows I only exported 38 KWH of solar while using 3320 KWh. It does not make sense since my Tesla app and data from Smart Meter Texas showing I exported at least 50 KWh daily.

Now I received the second invoice showing I use 4600 KWh while exported only 48 KWH. There is no way I only export that little with a 42 KW system and 6 batteries.

I opened a ticket with them after the first invoice and they said they are correct. I even emailed them the data export from Smart Meter Texas.

This is ridiculous. Any idea what to do?

• Informative
Anyone with Amigo or Direct Energy can help with this billing issue?
I have now received 2 billing statements from Amigo since signing up with them in August.
The first bill is for $25 and it shows I only exported 38 KWH of solar while using 3320 KWh. It does not make sense since my Tesla app and data from Smart Meter Texas showing I exported at least 50 KWh daily.

Now I received the second invoice showing I use 4600 KWh while exported only 48 KWH. There is no way I only export that little with a 42 KW system and 6 batteries.

I opened a ticket with them after the first invoice and they said they are correct. I even emailed them the data export from Smart Meter Texas.

This is ridiculous. Any idea what to do?
Those exports seem very very low. For me, it shows up under "Surplus Energy Sell Back Credit" as its own line item. Last month that was 209 for my small system. Using the same billing period in Smart Meter Texas it gives me 213, so not too far off. If you don't have that extra line for "Surplus Energy Sell Back Credit" they might not have your buyback agreement in place yet.

Reactions: EL0NTRK
Those exports seem very very low. For me, it shows up under "Surplus Energy Sell Back Credit" as its own line item. Last month that was 209 for my small system. Using the same billing period in Smart Meter Texas it gives me 213, so not too far off. If you don't have that extra line for "Surplus Energy Sell Back Credit" they might not have your buyback agreement in place yet.
Something is very wrong here. This is my second bill showing 48 kwH exported (the first bill shows only 38 Kwh export). I raised a ticket after the first bill but they say it will take up to 45 days to reply. I called and chatted with CS several times but they don't seem to understand or acknowledge the issue. It is virtually impossible for me to export that little which is less than what I normally export in a day.
I have the raw data to prove it. All providers are using the same meter data from Smart Meter Texas so I don't know why there is a big discrepancy here.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 6.34.58 PM.png

I also attached data from Smart Meter Texas from the same billing period 9/7- 10/6 and from that raw data, it shows, I exported 1957 Kwh.
Somebody please take a look at this and tell me I'm not insance.

Attachments

• IntervalData.csv.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 26
Something is very wrong here. This is my second bill showing 48 kwH exported (the first bill shows only 38 Kwh export). I raised a ticket after the first bill but they say it will take up to 45 days to reply. I called and chatted with CS several times but they don't seem to understand or acknowledge the issue. It is virtually impossible for me to export that little which is less than what I normally export in a day.
I have the raw data to prove it. All providers are using the same meter data from Smart Meter Texas so I don't know why there is a big discrepancy here.

View attachment 981523

I also attached data from Smart Meter Texas from the same billing period 9/7- 10/6 and from that raw data, it shows, I exported 1957 Kwh.
Yeah I took a look at it as well and came up with 1,957.2 surplus too. You are definitely right. Something does not add up I can not figure out where they were getting 48 kwh from. I have a very tiny system compared to your system and heavy electric usage and I still even managed to get 246 kwh surplus last month. However, what I have seen on my side is differences between my energy charge and my free night usage. My first two bills they had showed I used more at night in credit than I used total... it ended up giving me money so I did not say anything but just shows there is some weird things that can happen. This is one of my early bills and you can see I got credit for more electricity than I used.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.52.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.52.05 PM.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
Reactions: Jones1 and EL0NTRK

View attachment 981523

Something is definitely off on their end. No idea what it could be and probably have to email them again and ask repeatedly until it gets to someone that’s more knowledgeable. They get their info from the Smart Meter so maybe you can ask what they see on their end and compare it with yours. It’s going to take jumping through some CS hoops ugh… can’t just attach the data, need to spoon feed it with graphs and pivot tables.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the promo credit is the issue too. Maybe it needs to actually bill that out before the solar credit takes over 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DrewHou and EL0NTRK
that's a different shed compared to one in the third picture of your previous post. but this shed also is propped up on stone?
Sorry. You are talking about my resin shed.
6-ft x 4-ft Resin Storage Shed (Floor Included) https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-...ons-5-46-ft-x-3-21-ft-Storage-Shed/1001052370

I purchased some 12 in by 12 in by 1.5 inch concrete square blocks. Then I stacked them to get it as level as I could. I placed some plywood on top of the blocks. It could have been 1/4in. I don’t remember. I had a couple of 4ft by 4ft pieces in my garage. That I cut down. To fit underneath the sheds plastic floor. It would probably be better to use a full sheet. But the floor is still solid like I have it. Then I got some anchors. Put four in the each corner.

Before the solar panel installation.

1697113068044.png

Reactions: DTXMME