Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So curious question about these dual chargers…

How do people place these within the garage? I assume in the front middle of the garage. Otherwise you would be running over one with the car.

This is my biggest problem with only having one wall connector is it’s on the right side wall of my garage nearest my MS but if the 3 is plugged in and I want to leave in the S I have to go unplug the 3 to pull out. That’s why I want a second wall connector on the left side wall.

Dream setup would be charging cords that come from the ceiling though haha…
I’ve seen setups that puts them on the roof behind the garage door opener and then the plugs drop from there. The dual chargers would also work with different model EVs, where one could conceivably park in a different way that both can be reached. All Teslas charge in the same spot so one would need a longer cable to charge the farther one. My option lets you plug in anything that uses 14-50 so could get a third party plug with NACS adapter to work.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
I’ve been buying these during summer. Planning for 🥶. “Winter is Coming”
God I miss Game of Thrones. I’m a nerd.

They say they cover 200Sqft. I already have an electric fireplace. I have 3 of these small units. I’ll let you know how they work. I’m not paying $150 for so called Natural Gas per month again. Last winter that’s what it cost me for 3 months. $500. Wow. House is 2800 sqft

Reactions: DrewHou
I’ve been buying these during summer. Planning for 🥶. “Winter is Coming”
God I miss Game of Thrones. I’m a nerd.

They say they cover 200Sqft. I already have an electric fireplace. I have 3 of these small units. I’ll let you know how they work. I’m not paying $150 for so called Natural Gas per month again. Last winter that’s what it cost me for 3 months. $500. Wow. House is 2800 sqft
Wow 150 a month that’s insane. I have gas appliances, water heater, and heat and I think the highest mine has been in winter is around 80-85 a month. With 3200ish sq ft. Granted I put my ceiling fans in winter mode to push the heat down from the high ceilings.

Wow 150 a month that’s insane. I have gas appliances, water heater, and heat and I think the highest mine has been in winter is around 80-85 a month. With 3200ish sq ft. Granted I put my ceiling fans in winter mode to push the heat down from the high ceilings.
Yes. Too high my wife likes it Hot during winter.
Heat set to 71/72.

Also. Here is the review for th Neo Charge. I see in a while back. Just forgot about it. Nice option. I still want the Tesla Wall Connector but this may be a cheaper option. If you already have an extra mobile charger. I have 2 mobile chargers already.

Yes. Too high my wife likes it Hot during winter.
Heat set to 71/72.

Also. Here is the review for th Neo Charge. I see in a while back. Just forgot about it. Nice option. I still want the Tesla Wall Connector but this may be a cheaper option. If you already have an extra mobile charger. I have 2 mobile chargers already.

I set my heat in winter to 74 to 76. 3300 sq foot home, high ceilings.

I set my heat in winter to 74 to 76. 3300 sq foot home, high ceilings.
Yeah I am about the same temp especially when it’s really cold out. Those high ceilings get me every time. All the heat stays in the part I don’t live in… I have a game room loft and it get particularly toasty compared to the living room. One of my fav places to be in the winter staying warm next to the PS5 hahaha. AC on 68 or so in summer and heat on 75 in winter. I used to keep things about 70-72 year round until I bought a house with two story ceilings and now that just doesn’t work anymore haha.

Reactions: Jones1 and h2ofun
Yeah I am about the same temp especially when it’s really cold out. Those high ceilings get me every time. All the heat stays in the part I don’t live in… I have a game room loft and it get particularly toasty compared to the living room. One of my fav places to be in the winter staying warm next to the PS5 hahaha. AC on 68 or so in summer and heat on 75 in winter. I used to keep things about 70-72 year round until I bought a house with two story ceilings and now that just doesn’t work anymore haha.

Haha that reminds me of the guest/game room we got. Power up the ol'PC with a 3080TI and feel the warmth envelop you while you game! I can see the power draw pickup in the Tesla App!

• Funny
Haha that reminds me of the guest/game room we got. Power up the ol'PC with a 3080TI and feel the warmth envelop you while you game! I can see the power draw pickup in the Tesla App!
Then factor in holiday decorations, since we have about a billion decorations inside for some reason 🙄 and that really heats up the house. Maybe that’s the reason I use less gas in winter than @Jones1 haha! When the decorations are on I can def see a difference in the heat usage in the ecobee app. I wonder which is more efficient the electric fireplace vs Christmas lights haha.

I’m gonna take som measurements this weekend. But if you buy a splitter. You will still need another evse. I have an extra mobile connector now. I guess it would be cheaper to buy another Tesla mobile connector for $200.
I’m getting older now. I don’t want my garage to look messy also. For $800 I can buy copper and conduit. Hell I can pay a guy for that price.
So the Splitter and mobile connector is probably the way to go for Sub $600.
1696431604655.png

Yeah I feel when I switched it took a bit longer than switching to reliant.

Also I am so mad this site is getting rid of the app. Ever since I upgraded my phone the PWA version isn’t pushing notifications. Frustrating haha.
Yes. I tried on my iPhone. I get emails that’s it. I don’t always have my Droid on me. I’ll try on that this weekend.