Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is definitely off on their end. No idea what it could be and probably have to email them again and ask repeatedly until it gets to someone that’s more knowledgeable. They get their info from the Smart Meter so maybe you can ask what they see on their end and compare it with yours. It’s going to take jumping through some CS hoops ugh… can’t just attach the data, need to spoon feed it with graphs and pivot tables.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the promo credit is the issue too. Maybe it needs to actually bill that out before the solar credit takes over 🤷‍♂️
I called Amigo again and they said they just bill off the CenterPoint data they receive. And I believe CenterPoint and Smart Meter have the same data.
When I check, the consumption data is matching exactly daily, only the surplus generation data is way, way off.

They told me to contact CenterPoint but no idea who to contact regarding this.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
I called Amigo again and they said they just bill off the CenterPoint data they receive. And I believe CenterPoint and Smart Meter have the same data.
When I check, the consumption data is matching exactly daily, only the surplus generation data is way, way off.

They told me to contact CenterPoint but no idea who to contact regarding this.
I'd start with the DG Interconnection group that did the initial PTO. The CenterPoint Meter is supposed to report surplus generation, if something is wrong then they'd be able to dig into it. Who did you have before Amigo? The numbers back then were correct right?

I'd start with the DG Interconnection group that did the initial PTO. The CenterPoint Meter is supposed to report surplus generation, if something is wrong then they'd be able to dig into it. Who did you have before Amigo? The numbers back then were correct right?
I second this idea. If you don’t have their contact info still I would start by sending an email to [email protected] at least maybe they can point you in the right direction if they are not responsible.

Reactions: Jones1 and EL0NTRK
I had Amigo when I had PTO, before that I had Reliant but no data on export pre PTO.
I did send an email to the person with DG group and hope to hear back.
I also called CP who said they will send someone to check the meter.

Reactions: Jones1
I was able to get a hold of someone at the DG dept and they agree something is off.
They told me to look at the meter and see what number showing up when the 029 is flashed on the top left. Mine read 142 at noon today. It means that my system only generated 142 Kwh cumulatively since PTO. This is very low.
In addition, since noon yesterday, it read 141 and now 142 so it only reads 1 Kwh generation for 24 hours. My Tesla app says I generated 34 Kwh for the same noon-noon period.
This is clearly very wrong on all front.

Can anyone who can look at their meter and tell the generation numbers are read in real time i.e it's moving fairly quickly?

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
I was able to get a hold of someone at the DG dept and they agree something is off.
They told me to look at the meter and see what number showing up when the 029 is flashed on the top left. Mine read 142 at noon today. It means that my system only generated 142 Kwh cumulatively since PTO. This is very low.
In addition, since noon yesterday, it read 141 and now 142 so it only reads 1 Kwh generation for 24 hours. My Tesla app says I generated 34 Kwh for the same noon-noon period.
This is clearly very wrong on all front.

Can anyone who can look at their meter and tell the generation numbers are read in real time i.e it's moving fairly quickly?
Flashing the same numbers in rotation for about ten minutes.

Reactions: DrewHou
Picked the Neocharge Splitter. I also purchased a 30ft 14-50 extension cord. Ran it above the garage door. Using Wall hangers and zip ties. I have a 10ft 14-50 I was using to extend the chargers reach. But now I can charge 2 EV’s at 20 amps max each. I will be installing a Tesla Wall Connector later. I want my charging options to be Plentiful. 😆
Conntek 15306 50 Amp RV Extension Cord- UL Listed, (30 Feet), 30 - Feet, Black https://a.co/d/58CMu2X
IMG_7055.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: wiltoking and GWord
Tesla insurance sent me an email. They are raising my policy by $40 per Month. Wow. I’m Out! 😆 Anyone else with Tesla Insurance?
I was paying $120-$150. Depending on my Safety score. I have a 99 right now. I’m not paying that much for insurance. I’ll probably bundle with my wife’s vehicle. State Farm.

Tesla insurance sent me an email. They are raising my policy by $40 per Month. Wow. I’m Out! 😆 Anyone else with Tesla Insurance?
I was paying $120-$150. Depending on my Safety score. I have a 99 right now. I’m not paying that much for insurance. I’ll probably bundle with my wife’s vehicle. State Farm.
They increased mine too, I was paying $72/100SS, and the renewal says $97/97SS (I guess probably ~$89/100). I filed a 11k claim earlier (experience is fantastic though), but I suspect the increase is unrelated to the claim as they have stated only SS counts..🤷‍♀️

They’re all going up, I switched to State Farm and bundled for a small discount. After six months it still went up 15 bucks… from now we going to have to shop around every time I feel like

Actually I was just dealing with this issue before I even read your post haha.

Tesla increased mine crazy high… and every quote I am getting from everyone else is even more ridiculous. Progressive quoted me 950 dollars a month bahahahaha and that’s after my discount for having home insurance through them.

So basically Tesla insurance is still the cheapest. Between this and the state tacking on the EV tax I think I may go trade in for a BMW gas car again. Progressive shows I can trade in for a M8 and insure it for half what Tesla insurance wants for my model S haha.

Yes. I just got my quote back from State Farm. It’s $40 higher than Tesla Insurance. I will be staying and Paying. The Tesla Way. 😂
lol zero speeding tickets nothing on my record and here’s what State Farm thinks is reasonable hahaha and I didn’t even add the Model 3 to this quote just the S alone haha. If this is the way things are headed I’m going to just be walking haha

Attachments

• IMG_0207.png
    IMG_0207.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Informative